Red State Brain Drain

I mean - a lot of the rest are primarily medical emergencies. You are saying you are okay with legal abortion. I bet a lot of conservatives are.

What was it under Roe?

There is no cut off. Technically, under Roe, you could have an abortion up until birth… but after viability the criteria for getting an abortion became a lot more strict.

No woman at 38 weeks is like “I really don’t want this baby because it gave me stretch marks… please abort”

ANY woman getting an abortion that late… wanted the baby but has some medical issue that threatens their life or the fetus.

3 Likes

That is the perverse thing about the late term abortion issue.

Late Term abortions are tragedies. They are babies that the mother wants.

But the issue has to be distorted to make the women who get them and the doctors that perform to be evil.

1 Like

The term “at will” is used to paint that picture.

As if women are waiting until the day before her due date to go “The S&P 500 dropped 30%, I can no longer afford this baby, abort now”

Doncha see- theres all these inner-city welfare queens having elective abortions at 8 months.

Show me the restrictions in the recent abortion bill that passed the house.

1 Like

That bill allows for a prohibition on abortion after fetal viability but protects the life of the mother.

I’m not cool with abortion at all…now having said that yes 15 weeks seems to be the magic number unless health of mother or some other serious issues arises.

1 Like

Allows for but doesn’t contain one, thanks.

1 Like

But judging from some libs here we are all radicals that believe woman should be imprisoned for having one…even in case of rape or incest etc.

1 Like

It codifies Roe.

Really there is no need for an abortion at 38 wks because the baby can be delivered by c section. At 38 wks the baby is just a couple of weeks from being born.

2 Likes

There is a reason why it is extremely rare. And so therefore why the right wing is getting up outrage over something that simply does not happen

Unless it has an issue that it will not survive long after birth.

What resistance have you been putting up to right wing governments in states that are enacting much more draconian bans than the ones you say you were all in favor of?

Where are your posts that show you were against the right wing governments that are doing this?

See how easy it is to say these things… After the more draconian laws have already been passed?

There has been no push to meet some common middle ground… This feels to me like a lot of easing of cognitive dissonance and trying to dissociate oneself From what the politicians you support are actually doing.

No reason for an abortion than is there. But you would rather kill the child before it can take one breath because it won’t live very long. How sick is that.

1 Like

None Jay…do I need to do your dirty work too? After all I do you thinking as well.

In what way is that sick? Wouldn’t it be more sick to make the child live through even a moment of pain once you know there’s no hope the child will come through the pain out the other side?

Why force a C section on a woman for no reason?

1 Like

So you’re saying you don’t support less restrictive abortion laws? You wouldn’t be doing my work for me. You would be standing up for what you say you believe in.

Are you saying you actually don’t believe in less draconian laws, and are therefore doing what I said you were doing? Trying to pretend that you do after the damage has been done?