Record Number Not In Workforce

Who are you quoting? Link?

When was it cut?

Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics

Black UE rose to a high level right as the great rececession was at it’s peak, then began to continuously fall every since then. So year, it isn’t like this is some big secret.

Is that good or bad?

The U3 rate is now down to 3.9%, which is good.

I never said that was the cause of baby boomers retiring. Quit making things up

Trump sure broke that trendline!

So much winning! As by winning I mean just being there why something that was already happening keeps happening and then claiming credit for it.

Hey guess what the Sun came up this morning and I made that happen yuugely

This is a thread about the shrinking workforce. The news article which spawned the thread declared the workforce is shrinking because baby boomers are retiring.

You chimed in,
yet again on another thread,
complaining that skilled workers make more than unskilled workers.

Either you are trolling a bunch of threads trying to insert your unrelated talking point, or
you believe wage disparities caused the workforce to shrink.

Once again I TRIED to give you credit.
I TRIED to figure out how you might not be trolling the same topic everywhere like an Amway salesman.

What can I say?
I failed and I hate failing.

Hummel figurines and Globe Wernicke Bookcases: the next bubbles to burst as the Estate Sale companies in the 21st century replace pawn shops in the 20th?

But, how can this be with Trump in office?

Because the percentage of black UE was going down for the 7 years previous to him assuming the office. All he had to do was stand there and pick his nose, grab ■■■■■■ and claim credit for it.

1 Like

But this is the lowest ever. It’s a break through…

He thankfully stayed out of the way of the momentum that was created during Obama’s presidency.

Yes, and? It was headed that way regardless. I guess you could say to his credit he didn’t actually start a war with North Korea so that is about his only contribution to this.

When corporations are continually raking in record profits, taxes and regulations are not what are keeping people from working or making a decent wage.

In February, Trump said he “heard” the unemployment rate was really 42 percent, and vowed to be “the greatest jobs president that God ever created.” At the time, the official unemployment rate was 4.9 percent, and it has since dropped to 4.6 percent — the lowest in more than nine years. Trump’s inflated figure includes millions of people 16 years and older who are not in the labor force and don’t want to work — including retirees, high school and college students, and stay-at-home parents.

Even after the election, Trump continued to grossly misrepresent the facts on unemployment, claiming that “96 million people out there … gave up looking for jobs” and that they “want to work,” when, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, only 5.5 million of them “want to work.” His 96 million figure, for example, includes 18.2 million people age 75 and older who were not in the workforce in November, BLS says.

Record profits?

Do you just say that every year?

Corporate Profits in the United States averaged 438.59 USD Billion from 1950 until 2017, reaching an all time high of 1767 USD Billion in the fourth quarter of 2017 and a record low of 14.40 USD Billion in the first quarter of 1951.

1 Like

Only when it’s true, which has been frequently as of late. Oryx beat me to the punch of providing the data.

So when corporations are already continuing to make record profits, despite taxes and regulations, and wages aren’t growing to keep up, and the pace of job creation isn’t keeping up, then all that happens is that tax cuts are going into the pockets of the top corporate officials.

You didn’t make that!! Oh wait yes you did, well thanks here is your minimum wage.

1 Like