Recession? Who says?

Redefining the meaning regardless of what economists think.

“Depends on what the definition of the word “is” is.
These are the same smart people that proclaimed “this inflation is transitory”. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

A recession is “inconceivable”.

Wait, what? You cannot just redefine something away? That is righty SOP around here!

Seriously though, two quarters of negative growth is a recession, no matter how hard they try to wish otherwise.

4 Likes

Stupid political spin doctoring. I get why calling it a recession right before mid terms is far from ideal but Biden should own it and just call it a recession.

If Biden came put and said we are in a recession and our focus is pulling us out of it that would be met more positively than any idiotic word smithing.

1 Like

The defining trait of this Administration from day one.

1 Like

Don’t look now my friend but…we’re on the same page. Cheers! :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Cheers :beers:

1 Like

Are we seeing an emerging “bromance” here?? :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

4 Likes

gee. what defines a recession these days then?

Duh a “Republican president”

5 Likes

Political spin doctoring would be more like “technically it’s a recession, but with the positive signs we see over here, it’s not really like the typical…blah blah blah”.

No, this isn’t spin, this is “2+2 = anything we damn well say it equals you simple minded fools”.

4 Likes

well put

they are trying to limit this astonishingly bold idiotic narrative to mere “spin”.

Where does it say that the only criteria for a recession is 2 quarters of negative growth?

hahaha. priceless

3 Likes

Agreed.

It’s weird. It’s not like a law or anything, it’s basically just a convention.

How do you define it?

say, why do you suppose the admin is trying to redefine it?

2 quarters of negative growth is you owe me fifty cents…