Recession warning

Doesn’t change the fact that US banks won’t lend your favorite politician a dime and that his mommy and daddy had to continually bail him out of financial blunders.

I think our state elections should go to an electorial college type system. That way you could lose the popular vote in your state but still be elected.

Which specific words in the OP give you that impression?

Is it fair to say, then, that Fox News also reeks of “hope and glee?” Because they have a story on their home page right now talking about not only the same data provided in the OP, but also a number of other data points that may indicate an upcoming recession.

Why is Fox cheering for a recession, @WuWei?

1 Like

Dotard says it’s the Feds fault. LOL.

1 Like

The warning signs are there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/08/13/us-businesses-are-taking-down-job-listings-trumps-trade-war-grows/?utm_source=reddit.com

I think it’s very smart to avoid talking about the economic indicators that are pointing to a recession and instead insinuate that people are cheering for it (when those same people would suffer just like everyone not rich).

Trump fanboys are real. Don’t let anyone tell you different.

Trump lovers obviously will do anything to distract and delfect any blame from their dear-leader.

1 Like

Yeah. There’s no real stimulative room under the interest rate. The fed started to build up some room but didn’t get very far.

We already doubled the deficit, so there’s no real room there.

Republicans will become Republicans again about the debt the moment the recession is in someone else’s hands. It’s what they do.

5 Likes

If we do go into a recession will Trump supporters blame him? After all they give him all the credit for economic success so far.

Yeah I know, to expect intellectual honesty from a trump supporter is expecting a bit too much.

Should a recession happen I wonder who will be the first to post that the economy is not really a concern for them because they voted for Trump to do …

6 Likes

Well I’ve already seen someone move from the importance of 3% GDP growth to it slowing down and now believing that GDP growth doesn’t really affect individuals.

1 Like

Trump wants to trade war his way to 0% interest rates so he can “win”.

1 Like

Literally.

The amount he saves personally when interest rates decline is substantial.

1 Like

All the left has their fingers crossed…

Dow down 750

People are just mad that Trump and Kim are friends, they don’t want them to have a fun relationship.

What has trump done for the economy or the average American

He gave huge tax cuts to corporations which blew up the deficit despite his claims the would pay for themselves

He started a trade war that has cost Americans billions and has crippled farmers

He’s managed to have worse stock market returns than Obama

The trade deficit hasn’t dropped despite his tariffs

All the right has their fingers crossed…

We all know the deficit was predicted to rise like this long before Trump showed up. We also all know the tax cuts are a tiny portion of the deficits. If you don’t know that, it’s poor education or fake news fooling you again…

See, never Trump’s fault.

4 Likes