Reason for hope

It’s screenshot from department of health here in Washington state.

1 Like

Strangely they are loading now… .?

Great to see the worst is apparently over for y’all, I know it was rough on you and the family.

1 Like

Can’t wait to squeeze the kids again.

2 Likes

Just don’t be sniff’n no hair! :joy:

1 Like

Don’t let the kids be around Joe. :wink:

Same here. The only things closed are schools and bars. Construction crews still going full tilt. Since I don’t know any teachers, and don’t frequent bars, I only know one person who’s out of work and that was by choice.

So your resturants haven’t been put to “take out only”? Craft stores havn’t been shut down where you are? Ski resorts in all states are/were shut down. Youth sports have been shut down. Sports have been shut down.

You must have a very limited circle of friends and family.

yes, it is limited. sports here go with the schools. we only have the panthers. nc didn’t shut down our AAA team, mlb did. yes, restaurants are take out, but they are open. my wife works at one and the only people gone are the college kids who left for home. i cut my own lack of hair, so don’t frequent barbers; however my wifes family has more than a couple “hair” people, they still cut hair. none of them were in salons anyway. there is little different here except restaurants unless you’re a student or teacher

It’s been little over 2 weeks since I started this thread.

Since then about 64,000 more test were done, 5,200 more people infected and 340 more people died with COVID-19. Notice I said died with COVID-19 not because of it.

And then total hospitalization.

As this screenshot clearly shows we on going down on backside of curve. That spike was because lack of reporting due to Easter weekend.

we have little less then 2 percent of population that have been tested. Out of those 8.7 was tested positive. If my rough math is correct that would put us at about .15 percent of population that got this virus.

1 Like

Oh and if https://www.medrxiv.org/ study holds up…we could have upwards of 7.5 percent of population that already had this virus if my rough math is correct.

Good news for America, bad news for the DNC.

Let’s hope it continues.

I see Komo news a Seattle base left-wing news source is urging our no good governor to open up our hospitals for other medical usage…because right now they’re sitting idle.

The Army mobile hospital sent to Seattle to handle the possible overflow was sent to another part of the country. And the Washington State Hospital Association says the governor’s ban on elective surgeries and other procedures is leaving many of the state’s 100 hospitals with little to do.

Also our loudmouth governor is shooting his mouth off at president Trump saying fomenting domestic rebellion.

I think it might be time to head to Olympia and honk some horns. This man needs to be replaced comes Nov.

Oh for record…some of us will start going back to normal operations comes Monday whether you like it or not.

Earlier in the week, Inslee joined an alliance with California Gov. Gavin Newsom and Oregon Gov. Kate Brown, also Democrats, to jointly decide when to reopen their states’ economies.

1 Like

OK it’s been tad over 3 weeks when I started this thread.

We had total 145 thousand that was tested.

As you can clearly see crusted the hill and going down the back side since I started this thread.

They haven’t up date the hospitalization yet. But as you can see the curve is no longer a problem.

Time to start opening up Washington state.

1 Like

Congrats, well done.

State-wise it’s looking hopeful.
I think we should probably open up on a region/county basis to start.
King Co is about half the cases/deaths and we’re not quite ready yet.
Fingers crossed.

I say let each governor decide. If they blow it, the blame is close to home where it belongs.

Yes I agree; the governors will decide for their states.
What I was getting at is that with WA the governor should maybe roll out the openings on a county level.

Makes perfect sense. Start with those counties hit hardest earliest because they will be the first to recover. Move out carefully and progressively from there.

The alternative is go go whole hog, open it all up but we know who the most vulnerable are to serious/critical illness or death. Keep them sequestered and protected and Let’r Rip!

Where we have to be careful is in states where they have yet to peak but still, either approach will do.

There is no hope according to the media headlines like this running 24/7.

First of May should be he time to start. All outdoor activities and construction sites need to restart. Some restaurants, shops etc. You can figure in 1 person for ever 72 sqft or so to maintain some distances. But not sure Inslee go for it. Keep in mind he’s a radical left-wing extremist that thinks society needs to be shut down to save our planet.