Questionable priorities reveal much

He was a cop killed on duty. Everything about it is public interest. The president doesn’t need an invitation to attend the funeral of a government employee killed on duty.

The worst part about to me is not that he didn’t attend, it’s what he did instead.

4 Likes

What a wild take.

1 Like

It was a state employee. Had really nothing to do with the federal government. Neither Trump nor Biden have any local connection to the NYPD as a state government official. Trump lives there which gets him a little bit closer to the situation.

I’m certain we don’t expect Presidents to attend the funeral of every fallen officer? Do we?

2 Likes

I can just imagine on the first day as president. They sit you down to brief you on all the government secrets. Aliens, Elvis still alive, black ops stuff. Then they’re like, “and as president, you can attend the funeral of any government employee killed on duty. No invitation needed.”

“For real?!?? Any?”

“Any.”

“Holy ■■■■ “

I disagree, we have had police officers killed in the city where I live and it never made the national news nor did any politicians attend.

If the President attends one then the next one he does not attend becomes a political firestorm.

Trump would not have attended without an invite. If Biden had gone the thread would have been full of how selfish Biden was for making it about him and the inevitable security that would have poses problems for the other mourners who actually knew the officer.

2 Likes

Exactly my point.

Why?

Do we expect them to money grub in the same city on the same day?

1 Like

Y’all are doing invitations to funerals? Do you RSVP?

1 Like

This one was in the national news. NYC the same as Podunk, Indiana?

Did any presidents attend George Floyd’s funeral?

3 Likes

So a police officer that dies in the line of duty in a city other than a metropolis like NYC is less worthy of Presidential attention?

In previous threads you have railed against this type of opinion. This just reinforces my thought that your replies to my posts in this thread are just to be contrary.

2 Likes

Money grub? Ha. You’re on fire today.

Same city is a bit of a stretch. Biden was in Manhattan and the wake was all the way out on Long Island.

Yes.

Quote it.

When was the event planned?

It was a wake. And typically no. But it’s almost as if when a former president is involved things are different. Wild I know.

Yeah, money grub.

Manhattan and Long Island are different cities now?

I think we can all agree on why Brandon and his buddies didn’t even consider going to the cop’s funeral. Nor will they.

1 Like

Wake, funeral.

So we can lay “iNviTeD!” to rest?

You actually don’t know anything about New York do you? New York is a city. Long Island is not a city. It’s an island. Massapequa, where the wake was is in a different city on Long Island. And I’ll help you more. Manhattan isn’t a city either. It’s a Burrough in New York City. Happy to help you learn.

Why not?

What makes this officers murder different than any other murder in NY, or DC or Florida? Or any murder than occurred where Trump has a rally?

Presidents should pay their respects to fallen military members where possible. But cops or random citizens? Only if invited.

1 Like