Questionable priorities reveal much

We know that Trump went to the wake of Officer Diller today and that Biden, Obama and Clinton were in downtown N.Y. raising money.

Reading the article: “Law enforcement sources told Fox News Digital that a number of NYPD officers who were planning to attend Diller’s memorial services have been called into work for President Biden’s security detail for a fundraiser at Radio City Music Hall with former Presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.” - no defunding for them…

an ugly divide is growing

8 Likes

Unity!!!

4 Likes

Good on Mr. Trump for honoring this officer’s memory.

To coin a phrase.

Ditto.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen he was invited by the family to attend.

I sympathize with those officers who were unable to attend the service of their fellow officer. But that is their job, whether it’s working a presidential detail or the Mets opening day, it’s their job.

Good for them! And kudos for Trump accepting.

And it’s telling that the police union told city leaders to get lost.

1 Like

Yep. If that is what they wanted, I’m glad Trump was able to oblige.

1 Like

Optics don’t look good…Trump is at slain police officer funeral because of democrats polices while Biden is off campaigning with Obama and Clinton for 25 million dollars.

2 Likes

To who?

2 Likes

Sad critprogs have little respect for cops. But no surprise when you see them stick up for the criminal blm and their chants calling cops pigs and frying them like bacon.

1 Like

Whom. Independents.

2 Likes

This story isn’t even a blip on their radar.

1 Like

And Da Nile is a long river in Eastern Africa.

So every time there is a funeral for a police officer who died in the line of the duty all election campaigning should cease?

Trump was invited, Biden wasnt. Not sure what the bad optics are.

The “why” Trump was and Biden wasn’t invited are the optics.

Trump is pushing law and order, while Biden is pushing surge the border.

^^^^^^^^ I highlighted a portion so the optics would be easier to see ^^^^^^^^^^^

If Trump sees this post, I’ll bet he’ll want to use this line in his campaign? :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

4 Likes

Of course. And as Axelrod said, the money is more important than the dead cop.

“David Axelrod suggested on Thursday that the money President Biden raised from his swanky Radio City fundraiser will likely mean more in the long run than the negative optics of his event contrasted with former President Trump attending the funeral of a slain New York police officer.“

2 Likes

Speaks VOLUMES.

2 Likes

I can guarantee you that this calculation was made in the Biden campaign

I don’t blame Biden for staying away. No doubt there was a calculation there. And part of it would have been horrible blowback if he had shown up and the Police Union went to the cameras to make a big splash about the fact that they didn’t want him there. The optics of that would have far outpaced any bad optics that he went fundraising instead of honoring the fallen cop. In my opinion, the optics of the latter are minimal. It won’t chase away any potential Biden voters, nor will it add any voters to Trump.

To me, it matters only on discussion boards, and at that, also doesn’t change a single opinion.

4 Likes