Question: What does Shep Smith do for Fox News?

Yeah I wasn’t proud of that ■■■■ show he gave. Most of the media embarrassed themselves during Katrina.

That said everyone dropped the ■■■■■■■ ball during Katrina. The Louisiana state government was pathetic, the feds drug their asses in both my state and Alabama and LA, and the local governments weren’t much better in most cases. Mississippi and Alabama’s state institutions responded better than any of the above, but that’s not saying a whole lot.

Katrina did teach some lessons that have served us well since then, though.

I’d like to see that, got a link?

And it was Fox’s helicopter, why didn’t they make the call to go get water.

The main lesson being that the citizens cannot depend solely on the government. We had to take matters into our own hands. I was going on 15 at the time and everyone in the local area got together and started clearing the local back roads that the state wasn’t going to touch for weeks and clearing properties. We didn’t have power for two and a half weeks.

Must have been tough. But then that’s when people usually step up and kick in - when they look around and say, “I’m here and I can help…, if no one else can, I can…”

I was very proud of Texas. We took in hundreds of thousands and did our best for them. Louisiana paid us back this year, too, when we needed the help. Great neighbors.

M

Ferget it! It was a joke!

Okay. I didn’t get the punchline I guess.