Qanon, terrorists; will conservatives continue to amplify?

From West Point:

QAnon also represents a militant and anti-establishment ideology rooted in an apocalyptic desire to destroy the existing, corrupt world to usher in a promised golden age.16 This position finds resonance with other far-right extremist movements, such as the various militant, anti-government, white nationalist, and neo-Nazi extremist organizations across the United States. In February 2020, Omega Kingdom Ministries, in effect a QAnon church, was established in the United States and other countries where the QAnon conspiracy acts as an interpretive lens for the Bible and vice versa, and in which adherents are subjected to formalized religious indoctrination into QAnon.c QAnon followers share roots with conspiracy theories that have fed other anti-government movements, such as the 90s militias that feared the “New World Order,” or the anti-government apocalypticism and religious fervor of the Branch Davidians.17

https://ctc.usma.edu/the-qanon-conspiracy-theory-a-security-threat-in-the-making/

Obviously, I agree with this assessment.

Will conservatives condemn this terrorist impulse? Continue to amplify it?

Or only start to claim, far too late, that they “didn’t know”?

1 Like

Well, I would distinguish between the GOP in it’s current iteration and conservatives, as frankly the implications of the growth of this Qanon crap terrifies and sickens actual conservatives. I think a lot of it will depend on what happens with this election though. It is imperative that the QAnon philosophy be driven from power if we are to have a functioning government. If Trump loses and takes enough of the QAnon group with him, I think there is still hope that we can keep QAnon from becoming a major power player. If Trump wins, though, God help us. I can’t predict what is going to happen.

5 Likes

A part of why I am voting Democrat for President and United States Senate. I reject all of these conspiracy theories utterly and the only way to suppress them is to get anybody who supports them out of a position of power.

13 Likes

I didn’t know what Qanon was until a little while ago. Started doing a little research… all I can say I wish they would just go away.

6 Likes

This is only the beginning. They’ve already infiltrated the GOP and it will get worse.

This is not an adversarial question: is there perhaps a more effective way than wishing?

I wish liberals would go away too. If I was asked to fight a battle against everything I don’t like I’d never have peace. That’s life.

Sounds like Antifa.

I propose we put the two groups on an island and let them kill each other off.

I condemn it.

Amplify it? Looks like you’re trying to get this thread moved to one of the trash heaps.

Man who blocked Hoover Dam as part of QAnon beliefs takes guilty plea I remember when a Q believer had a stand off at Hoover dam.

2 Likes

Cons keep trying to put these nutters in Congress.

I remember when a Q follower kidnapped some kids.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/crime-law/2020/01/08/mother-teamed-up-with-qanon-followers-kidnap-her-son-protective-custody-police-say/

But BML and antifa are just some peaceful group of youngsters who are doing good deeds. Nothing to fear from them with all their rioting, assaulting people, looting and burning.
But some group on the internet who are not burning, looting and assaulting people lets clutch our pearls the world is going to end.

2 Likes

But you will be sure to vote for all the antifa supports and put even more of them into power.

1 Like

Q believers kill people. Can you say the same for the other groups?

Pointless either/or-ism.

The world is not binary.

And I am voting for zero antifa supporters.

4 Likes

Name one in Congress

Seems like the left has their own share of nutters in congress and keeps voting them back in every few years.

Seems to me that Antifa and BML have gotten a lot of people killed.

1 Like

AOC, Maxine Waters, Schiff Omar need I go on.