Putin Speaks - Hegemony Changes?

“They seem to ignore the fact that in the past decades, new powerful and increasingly assertive centers have been formed.”

“Nothing lasts forever,” he said. “While planning their economic blitzkrieg, they did not notice, simply ignored the real facts of how much our country had changed in the past few years.”

Interesting comments. I think he has some valid points jumbled up in all that rhetoric.

What do you think @JayJay? You brought up some similar points about US hegemony.

1 Like

This is a natural reaction to hegemony. It’s why it’s unsustainable…rivals always emerge who will resist it…and in ever futile and more costly attempts to maintain it, the hegemony eventually collapses.

Putin’s kidding himself if Russia is going to be one of those “assertive centers” that shapes future events. A gas station with nukes is the only thing keeping them relevant.

They will find out they are the junior partner to China.

1 Like

Do you think he has a point? Has it changed, reaction not withstanding?

Oh yeah the world order is changing.

1 Like

I think he may be alluding to that very alliance.

He didn’t like playing second fiddle to us.

Playing second fiddle to China may be worse.

But who knows?

He wasn’t in our orchestra. I think NATO and Europe are the problem. Perhaps there will be more regional hegemons. Perhaps that is the best we can hope for.

How do you see it shaking out?

I read that earlier, thought about starting a thread but pretty busy beating up kids at the moment…even now they’re attempting to drive me nuts.

I’ll return after I thump em around a bit.

2 Likes

BTW Putin thinks U.S. of attempting to ‘cancel’ nations that do not accept western values…no. It’s a lib think. Submit or we will cancel you.

1 Like

I think the main value he is concerned with is Russias right to invade neighboring countries without interference by third parties.

1 Like

Neocon dogma was literally to maintain American hegemony.

The invasion of Iraq under the Bush doctrine is now being employed by Putin.

American foreign policy chickens are coming home to roost, and America will have to lie in the bed it made for itself.

There seems to be a regionalization.

Europe-EU and Russia battling it out.
Asia-China of course.

If the US was smart, we’d focus on the Americas.

1 Like

Agreed.

Nice. Agreed.

Please go on.

I don’t disagree. I can say the same thing about Europe.

Fact is…we used the dollar as a weapon. When nations see that it undermine the dollar as world currency.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Putin has valid point.

Time for a US contraction?

Not really…time for America set the example instead of bulling IMO.

Set what example?

Having strong capitalist innovated society that respect individuals and and individual nations.

1 Like