Putin says he speaks regularly to Trump

Trump shouldn’t be talking to any world leader unless he has a clear agenda for the talk that was vetted by someone in the admin that knows what the hell they are talking about. He needs to be guided and hand held like a child.

“A little good policy?” What does that even mean? That’s barely a soundbite.

Diplomacy is not a short-term game.

Well, that must have been embarrassing for you.

Do I need to post the video of Obama whispering in a Putin’s crony’s ear…

Remember when the dems defended Obama’s inaction over Russians taking Crimea. Or laughing when Romney pointed out they were very dangerous?

Laughing when we said he wouldn’t stop with The Crimea… .

Do you honestly believe any of this is happening because Trump is trying to harm Russia?

Do you really believe he is this strategic?

There is no indication of this beyond you claiming it to be so.

Please show us your work.

If you can’t, it is all supposition at best.

None of your articles support the idea that Trump is doing anything purposely to undercut or otherwise push back against Russia. Offering Europe an option is just that.

Did you even bother reading it? This was part of his platform.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump will use fast-growing supplies of U.S. natural gas as a political tool when he meets in Warsaw on Thursday with leaders of a dozen countries that are captive to Russia for their energy needs.

In recent years, Moscow has cut off gas shipments during pricing disputes with neighboring countries in winter months. Exports from the United States would help reduce their dependence on Russia.

Trump will tell the group that Washington wants to help allies by making it as easy as possible for U.S. companies to ship more liquefied natural gas (LNG) to central and eastern Europe, the White House said… .

At some point you folks need to take off the partisan blinders and put away the hate long enough to see what’s actually going on in the world.

Separate your hatred for him from what is best for the US.

A bit more from the same article.

“It undermines the strategies of Putin and other strong men who are trying to use the light switch as an element of strategic offense,” said Senator Cory Gardner, a Republican from Colorado who is on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

The Kremlin relies on oil and gas revenue to finance the state budget, so taking market share would hurt Moscow.

“In many ways, the LNG exports by the U.S. is the most threatening U.S. policy to Russia,” said Michal Baranowski, director of the Warsaw office of think-tank the German Marshall Fund.

You just moved the goal posts.

I did no such thing.

Yes, you did. You started out with the premise that what Trump is doing will hurt Russia. Now it’s simply what is best for the US.

That’s moving the goal posts.

No I didn’t, I started out pointing out how doing what is best for the US will hurt Putin.

The two are not at all at odds.

Either you haven’t read the thread or you’re just trolling. Which is it?

Why are you so quick to say people are trolling? I admit, we have trolls. I admit, sometimes I troll. But this is not one of those times.

Sometimes I simply get it wrong, like now.

Why? Your attitude throughout your responses to me in this thread.

Thin skin I guess.

No, I simply take you as you present yourself.