Pssttt. There was another mass shooting this past Friday

A. Nobody claimed to or tried to boss you.

B. Bump stocks are illegal.

C. What’s a banana clip? A clip holding 30 bananas would be realty huuuugh! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hell of a lot that’ll do for the next woman who has a violent ex stalking her and needs to arm herself immediately for that purpose.

None of which would have any effect on stopping or limiting the carriage of the next mass shooting in a home or school.

You don’t need a bump stock to bump fire a semi auto rifle. It’s an expensive gimmick for idiots.

Then I would suggest that she arm herself with a pump-action shotgun or revolver, either of which would likely be more effective for self defense than an AR-15, no?

That makes all of your suggestions strawmen. Any amount of thinking would have told you that they would not have prevented any mass shootings and would not prevent any in the future. All they are is significant inconveniences (read as “infringements”) on law abiding people.

I submit that my hypothetical scenario of a student or teacher rushing a fumbling gunman forced to reload is more likely than the gubmint coming for your guns because we outlawed assault weapons. Again. Remember that time, when the gubmint didn’t come for your guns then, either?

Explain how outlawing a 30-round clip is an inconvenience. Just exact how poor a shot are most AR-15 owners, anyway?

Logic: “we want all cars to only have 5 gallon gas tanks to cut down on the amount people drive”

Why do you think that?

No, that’s just silly and your quote above I believe was about handguns was it not?

. Myself, I’m for solid background checks, 30-day literal cooling off periods, and restricted sales of weapons with high-capacity magazines or near auto firing rates.

Are you suggesting no background checks on handguns now but BCG"s on Long guns?

Why would we need a 30 day “cooling off period” for long guns of any stripe?

Has there been a rash of crimes committed by people with an AR they just bought?

I know of a cop that expended 147 rounds in a gunfight with a single suspect so just how many rounds is appropriate for the average person who finds themselves in such a fight?

Do we need to explain the term “Infringed”? Read Heller and MacDonald, if you still have any questions maybe we can work through them.

Look, you (and Sneaky) are never going to be on my side of this debate. You two, ABSOLUTELY REASONABLY, consider the 2nd to be sacred and inviolable. I do not. I’m not anti-gun, I’m anti-mass-shooting. You think NO LAW can be passed that will be both constitutional and effective. I look at the policies of other civilized nations and disagree.

FWIW, I consider even fanatical defense of the 2nd to be far more reasonable than support of the Manchurian Cantaloupe.

You failed to answer the question. Why is that?

Sorry, I was distracted by the passage of time.

A: 147 rounds, apparently.

Divided into how many magazines?

I’ll give you a couple of examples.

When I’m carrying an of my XDM 40’s I’ll generally care two spare mag’s one in the gun and one in the pipe. The mag’s hold 16 Each.

Carrying one of my XDM 45, 13+1 two spare mag’s.

Either of my XD 40’s, 12+1, two spare mag’s.

How is that at all unreasonable?

Its inconvenient (and more expensive) to carry 30 rounds in three (or six) magazines as opposed to in just one. And it’s not about shooting poorly, its about choice. Personally, I don’t like magazines over 15 rounds for a handgun or 20 for a rifle, but that’s just me. I have no business imposing my likes/dislikes on anyone else. (You should try that attitude some time. It’s liberating.)

I submit that a teacher covering behind a door frame and shooting at the gunman is more likely to stop the gunman and not get the teacher killed than waiting the 10-15 minutes for the cops to show up.

Maybe he thinks that if you can’t kill the guy in five shots you deserve to die. :wink:

If you are not anti-gun, then you must be anti-Constitution.

You can submit it if you like but it’s a fallacy based on no understanding of the subject matter.

If you are more than three steps away you have virtually no chance if succeeding in disarming someone during a reload and even if you reached them a butt stroke to the head renders you instantly disabled and/or dead.