PS5 or XBOX-X or S

I can’t do this in the south. MS rewards is out I guess…

:rofl:

1 Like

Yes it is. The Steamdeck runs Linux. I think they have moved away from SteamOS. The deck is equivalent to a PC running a Ryzen 3000 which even though a few years old is a solid performer for gaming. For comparison Series X and PS5 use chips equvalent to a Zen 2. But they have customized protected modifications on their chips which enable maximum performance.

Games in your Steam library will be flagged as playable. This means they have been tested and verified to run. Other games can still be played but just have not been verified.

I preordered a Steamdeck and when my name came up I only had a 48 hour window which I missed. Got my name down again and thank god I have an understanding wife who indulges my video game fetish!!!

Steamdeck starts at $399 for 64 gb internal storage through $699 for 512gb with a SSD. If you are in the market for a deck I recommend spending the extra $300. The SSD changes the entire experience.

Some have said this is a Switch killer but its not. Nintendo has a fanatically loyal playerbase for their first party games which are not available elsewhere (legally).

Steamdeck is aimed at the PC gamer who wants portability.

As long as they keep porting/creating 60fps games, they’ll be fine.

1 Like

The steam deck is niche and it always will be, Nintendo products will always be popular due to Nintendo games which you can only play on Nintendo consoles.

1 Like

It does sound good. “portability” may not be a reason for me to get one though. I tend to buy steam games and get bored quick.

If I used it outside would bright sunlight wash it out?

Yes just like any LCD screen its washes out in sunlight