Proposed budget - 4.4 Trillion dollar cuts over 10 year. Cheers? Or Jeers?

Well here is the chance for all those on the board who’ve been asking where Trumps cuts are.

His proposed budget has cuts

budget proposal that would slash spending dramatically on foreign aid and social safety nets, while including $2 billion for a southern border wall and substantially boosting funding to NASA, the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Homeland Security.
Part of the cuts/savings come from:

more stringent work and eligibility requirements.

If your able bodies you should be working not getting free free free.

Foreign aid would be reduced by 21 percent, in keeping with the president’s push to have other countries pay what he calls their “fair share” for their own defense.

a very good thing.

Now we will see if the House Dem’s are serious about cutting the deficit.

Oh wait, that’s right this budget cuts most of the thinks most liberals like.

2 Likes

Jeers. Cut the military budget. And get rid of that stupid space force thing.

5 Likes

When was the last time a president’s proposed budget bore even the slightest resemblance to stuff that ever got passed into legislation?

Voting them down is like the most bipartisan thing in government, with tallies of 99-1 common in the senate.

It’s become nothing more than a fund raising tool.

1 Like

which additionally calls for renewing the Trump administration’s tax cuts for individuals and families that would otherwise expire in 2025.

Atta boy!

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) would face a massive 26-percent reduction in funding.

Atta boy!

1 Like

Yeah it cuts most of what I like, pays for that dumb wall, and has NASA funding is thrown in there as a circus for the masses. Typical republican budget that squeezes the bottom.

1 Like

Any cuts in FBI? CIA? NSA? IRS? EPA? ATF? ■■■■ ATF dissolve that entire bureau.

How about closing those loopholes and special interesting for corporations?

■■■■ why are they giving DHS more money? I would cut that by 2/3rds.

1 Like

World doesn’t revolve around you…

No it revolves around me.

funny that spending increases will be done now but the cuts are supposed to happen after he leaves office…

instead of 10 years, what are the spending and cuts in the next four?

2 Likes

What has Trump ever done that would indicate to anyone that he intends to slow down spending?

Clue:

He won’t. He’s sold all his supporting “conservatives” a load of crap in this regard, yet they still l-o-v-e him and tout all his accomplishments with the economy.

1 Like

Maybe his middle name is “Axis”.

1 Like

Only a self-serving idiot like Trump could think that such a cut to foreign aid would not be detrimental to the USA.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: ow! My ribs! Make it stop!

1 Like

AUS spends about 0.23% of its GDP on foreign aid. The US spends about 1.2%.

Up your own game before you criticize ours.

4 Likes

Which is why he submitted it. He knows he failed with the deficit, so now he can submit this and blame the Democrats for the deficit. It will be all their fault. Not his. Just in time for November.

1 Like

Cut the social safety net to pay for tax cuts.

Yep…that’s the Norquist Plan…still in full operation.

Cutting foreign aid is not necessarily a bad idea…not necessarily…depends on how it’s done.

Funny how Trump supporters think he’s a “new kind of leader” when this is straight out of Grover Norquist’s playbook.

1 Like

Democrats should propose a surplus in 10 years if we increase marginal tax rates. All you have to do is propose then blame the opposition party.

That is what happens when you have a RWNJ dominated government. Your criticism of me is completely misplaced; I am a strident critic of the Morrison RWNJ government.

I have absolutely no reason to recant on my earlier comment.