Proposals to lower voting age and to restrict old people voting

Sorry for the terrible format of this article:

It shows some key areas where, even adjusted for inflation, costs are much higher for millennials in key areas

Yes thanks for pointing out what inflation is.

The question is: Is what the boomers paid into the system adjusted to account for it.

:rofl: I love it!

Once they have served their time and have shown that they have reformed theirselves into good citizens then they should have all of their rights restored. Voting, the right to bear arms, freedom of movement, etc.

The only caveat would be violent or sexual felonies. Their rights would have to be restricted barring special circumstances.

costs are higher after accounting for inflation

of course you do. It’s a lib talking point

Let’s create an inttelligence test you must pass before you can vote. There’s an idea.

:roll_eyes:

You see what they’re doing?

Actually my opinion is that no group should be disenfranchised and that goes for the elderly. I was using it more of a counter argument to the one being presented about 16 year olds not being allowed to vote.

What the hell is up with liberals on here trolling and pretending to be conservatives and making the most ignorant statements? It’s not like we don’t know. It’s not even a clever tactic or remotely “funny”, not even witty.

Just shows they are out of arguments and choose mocking rather than actually having a discussion. I, however, do not know why I am surprised. It’s standard crap. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

and there it is

1 Like

Get a new game. This one is stupid and is transparent as hell.

It’s something my generation is just going to have to learn to adapt to and overcome.

Previous generations had their own struggles to overcome.

I think the problem is that many millenials haven’t accepted that we probably won’t have the same quality of life in our 40s and 50s as our parents had. We will have to work more at that age to retire comfortably. There’s no right to an easy life.

We can either bitch about it, or accept it and find ways to make it better.

I think that most people agree with this.

The problem is our generation is underrepresented in politics, so complaints generally fall on deaf ears or are dismissed as “well don’t be lazy”.

These are very real issues that drag the economy. For instance although I make good money and live within my means, I’m nowhere near being able to buy a house due to the debt incurred from school, needing a car, etc. Student loan debt alone is a huge anchor on the economy.

Agreed. There are some things that have screwed us a whole.

We just have to find ways to deal with it.

I consider myself very fortunate. I’m inheriting a nice house (it’ll need to be modernized a bit, but it was built in the 60s and has no debt against it or the land) and 40 acres of good land. My grandparents consider me to be the most responsible individual of the family (the son they never had or something like that) so what would have been my mom’s is going to me instead.

There are many other millenials who aren’t going to be that lucky.

I am at the end of Gen X.

I am in the last group that was able to go to college at a reasonable cost and came into the job market at the beginning of the dot com boom. Any idiot could get a job then.

Contrast that to millennials who on average have much greater student loan debt, came into the workforce during an economic collapse and then had to contend with Boomers refusing to do the economically right thing under the guise of tax protests and being against deficit spending.

Yeah… they got screwed.

It’s possible it may be a valid point.

But the way the information is framed leaves a lot to be wondered.

Is it accounted for inflation?
What percentage of a boomers income was taken in exchange for what “quality of return” the receive now? And is that different than the percentage taken from current workers and to be exchanged for a different quality of return in the future?

They all want to be like @Blackwolf

Is there a cookie at the end of all this? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: