Progressive Democrat Hatred this 4th of July

If that’s true, why does this thread disparaging black grievance even exist?

It is indisputable that at the founding of this country, black people were enslaved, subsequently relegated to being 3/5’s of a person, and subjected to Jim Crow. In our lifetime the voting rights act was enacted and subsequently eviscerated.

Yet you expect them to engage in the same performative patriotism that you seem to enjoy so much and shut up.

4 Likes

Not my “deflection”. She said black people still aren’t free. It’s posted above.

It’s not working.

1 Like

No, it is not true.

it was not about race at all

some things arent, contrary to what youve been told

2 Likes

Sorry…in1776, independence day was not for black people.

2 Likes

it is true that not everything was perfect in 1776. but the system was designed to address things that needed it. thats the genius of those founders

anyone who cant bear that like the racists morons in the OP can leave

1 Like

doesnt matter. it is now

because of what happened in 1776

i guess the racist idiots in the OP actually truly wont be happy till white people are gone

sick

2 Likes

we have black presidents and VP’s too

but so what because there used to be slavery

spit on independence day

where do people learn this anti-american idiocy?

1 Like

Living in my head?? We are on a political forum discussing politics. And since many on here are full blown Trump devotees, he is relevant in quite a few threads…has nothing to do with “in my head” . He is stuck to the bottom of Conservatives shoes. Clinton is still brought up here…lol

2 Likes

You should read Frederick Douglass’ Independence Day speech.

3 Likes

Now THAT is more un-American than anything in the OP. We don’t exile people that don’t agree with Conservatives in this country. We welcome them and their different viewpoints, and allow them to address the problems in this country.

You know, like your first paragraph. Which you type, bit clearly don’t believe.

If it unclear, allow me to summarize: “love it or leave it” is distinctly un-Americam.

2 Likes

i didnt say exile

it was merely an invitation

and please dont presume to tell me what i believe or not just to fit your narrative. thanks

“The signers of the Declaration of Independence were brave men. They were great men too — great enough to give fame to a great age. It does not often happen to a nation to raise, at one time, such a number of truly great men. The point from which I am compelled to view them is not, certainly, the most favorable; and yet I cannot contemplate their great deeds with less than admiration. They were statesmen, patriots and heroes, and for the good they did, and the principles they contended for, I will unite with you to honor their memory.“

—Frederick Douglass.

“ What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July?”

1 Like

I’ve read it every year since the early 2000s.

For those who don’t want to read, take a listen…

Read by the late Ossie Davis

1 Like

I’m not disparaging black grievance - that was NOT the intent of this post. What I am disparaging is the typical progressive chorus that refuses to acknowledge any sort of improvement since 1776 or any positive historical achievement. They can’t step off the “most evil country in the history of the world” gas for one single day.

3 Likes

That’s you’re interpretation…don’t pin it on everyone.

i put it out there

if it sticks, oh well

Yeah they had a few gripes about old Uncle Sam. :rofl:

So…how independent were black people in 1776?