Private Border wall being built!

It will always be political. To make the claim that one should be able to do a thing (or not do) a thing with land they own is to engage in political argumentation.

Cool wall. If I stumbled onto the middle of that thing i’d be About a driver and a 2 iron to get to either end. The pros would be looking at a pitching wedge after the drive.

That’s a doable walk.

2 Likes

Apparently they’ve been hitting some snags - turns out most of the people who own the land on the border don’t want a wall in their yards.

Kinda weird. Oh well. This is America. Those folks who own the land really don’t deserve a say.

can’t wait fro the city to have it removed for being built without a permit.

Sounds like a good time for the government to free those traitors of some of their land!

Fine, just build where they legally can.

Update… turns out multiple agencies have jurisdiction…

And apparently not effective…

It reminds me of how squirrels can eat out of bird feeders.

1 Like

This reminds me of when those CEC heroes got into that armed standoff out in NV, or when they took over a range hut up in…MT? I forget.

But this one is safer. Few guns.

The Bundy ranch?

Yep, read they are simply showing up in different places.

This inane focus on a wall is not helping, even this section stops right where terrain gets more difficult… but not for humans…

So we are going to have random sections of wall a popping up on private property with absolutely nothing to stop anyone from just walking to the end of the random section of wall and walking around it.

Yeah, exactly. Were they the same crowd that then took over a national forest ranger hut?

That was the guy’s son. They were demanding “state’s rights” as sovereign citizens.

Update:

HOUSTON (AP) — President Donald Trump on Sunday criticized a privately built border wall in South Texas that’s showing signs of erosion months after going up, saying it was “only done to make me look bad,” even though the wall was built after a months-long campaign by his supporters.

Called “We Build the Wall,” the group has raised more than $25 million promoting itself as supporting the president.

Looks like the private wall is shallow tippy piece, and now Trump wants to claim he had nothing to do with it, and it was only done to make him look bad. This group was traversing New Mexico to Texas and it seems they wanted to ignore literally everyone telling them putting a 2 foot deep concrete pad along the Rio Grande was a hilariously bad idea.

Former Trump chief strategist Steve Bannon joined the group’s board and Trump ally Kris Kobach became its general counsel. Kobach is now seeking the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate in Kansas.

The company that built the private section in January, North Dakota-based Fisher Industries, has since won a $1.3 billion border wall contract from the federal government, the largest award to date.

Here is the article that set Trump off:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1282276752090431490

1 Like

So now Trump is directly insulting his supporters.
I love it.
Between this and DACA it’s been a pretty good weekend for Sleepy Joe. :smile:

It’s a who’s who list of swampy grifting in there.

In the 2018 election cycle, Fisher and his wife donated $10,800 to Sen. Kevin Cramer, R-N.D., who championed the company’s ability to build the wall and made Fisher his guest at Trump’s 2018 State of the Union address.

[Sen. Kevin Cramer, R-N.D.] Cramer said then that he personally pitched the company to Trump.

Another $400 million contract Fisher won last year was placed under review by the defense department’s inspector general.

“He loves Donald Trump, and he’s a builder like Donald Trump. Of course, he’s a supporter of the president’s immigration policy,” said Cramer, who said he didn’t know Fisher until Trump began pushing for a border wall.

Fisher, a frequent guest on Fox News, has seen his company become Trump’s preferred border wall contractor. After embarking on his privately funded ventures, which include a half-mile fence outside El Paso, Fisher has been awarded about $1.7 billion in federal contracts for border wall work in Arizona.

Fisher’s private fence projects have gone up with financial and political help from We Build the Wall, an influential conservative nonprofit that counts former Trump political strategist Steve Bannon as a board member.

Former Trump chief strategist Steve Bannon joined the group’s board and Trump ally Kris Kobach became its general counsel. Kobach is now seeking the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate in Kansas.

We Build the Wall’s founder, Brian Kolfage, did not return a phone message Sunday.

1 Like

I did not see this twist coming this late in the season…Trump throwing his supporters under the bus for following his lead.

Oh wait, nevermind j/k. Yeah I saw this one coming just like everyone else.

And now kolfage is an alleged tax cheat.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/brian-kolfage-steve-bannon-tax-charge/2021/05/06/61e070b4-aeb6-11eb-b476-c3b287e52a01_story.html

Maybe president trump will pardon him.

Allan