Private Border wall being built!

If a particular municipality feels so inclined they can force compliance with local ordinances. I wonder how many private land owners are willing to endure thousands and tens of thousands of dollars in fines while out of compliance, especially if they weren’t the ones who paid to have the wall put up.

They’ve been given a cease and desist order.

I think they will, or at least pay a fine for violating the zoning rules of the local municipality. Although, I would prefer the wall be taken down at a cost to the landowner.

I have a low tolerance for criminals.

Zoning for fences where I live is six foot tall maximum lol.

Fines don’t stop till the offending situation is remedied. Its either cut the wall down to 6 feet or less or keep getting fined. In certain cases it can even result in jail time for compliance.

Which is why we need a wall. Right?

OP, did you contribute money for this?

We do need a coherent government policy for dealing with illegal immigrants in our country. For far too long, we have let businesses dictate our policy because they needed the workers to undercut American wages.

So, do we need a wall? We might, but the system we have in place that allows businesses to employ illegal non-citizens without severe punishment is also a big issue. Also, most illegal immigrants come on planes and overstay their visa, so a wall wouldn’t do much, and the caravans come to the ports of entry for asylum.

Yes, illegal immigrants should not be given a pass, but there’s just not going to be one specific answer to the problem. This has been brewing for years due to inaction and general apathy by our elected representatives.

Fair and well thought reply.

1 Like

Then would also know that they need to post the permits at that site… You would think they would be directing reporters to where it’s posted… hmmmm…

This is great. Free market solution and the best part is - we don’t have to wait on Mexico to raise the money to build it !

Just build it! We can pay for it. Mexico can pay for it. Russian can pay for it. I don’t care, just build it.

I like the idea of building it with private funds per your OP. Could be the best solution.

Except they are going into local communities and ignoring the local zoning rules. What if the local community does not want a giant wall?

It’s not like they live there. I believe the article said they were from Kansas.

Then the local community should not allow it. Or change the rules. Or ignore the rules. Their business, not mine.

It will always be political. To make the claim that one should be able to do a thing (or not do) a thing with land they own is to engage in political argumentation.

Cool wall. If I stumbled onto the middle of that thing i’d be About a driver and a 2 iron to get to either end. The pros would be looking at a pitching wedge after the drive.

That’s a doable walk.

2 Likes

Apparently they’ve been hitting some snags - turns out most of the people who own the land on the border don’t want a wall in their yards.

Kinda weird. Oh well. This is America. Those folks who own the land really don’t deserve a say.

can’t wait fro the city to have it removed for being built without a permit.