Presidents Peak Net Worth Ratings have Trump #1 - Washington #2 and Jefferson #3

Yes Harry S Truman was specifically mentioned needing a pension in my opening bit.

In sharp contrast to Bloomberg. I see a lot of estimates for the billions of dollars MB has amassed.

Wonder what % of Mike’s peak net worth comes from oversea’s, especially China?

No Kennedy?

How many Presidents worked for free like Trump?

Trump dosen’t work for free.

#1 He still draws a salary.

#2 He makes big bucks charging the Secret Service for room/board/Golf Carts at his hotels.
.WW, PHS

No. You don’t know that. If there was an ounce of fraud, he would be going through another impeachment.

Using common sense…

The President’s Tax returns Tax returns Donald Trump on Wednesday released a letter from his tax attorneys attesting that the GOP presidential front-runner’s tax filings from 2009 and onward are still being audited by the Internal Revenue Service.

The IRS has, however, completed audits of Trump’s tax returns through his 2008 filing. Trump’s tax returns have been audited by the IRS each year since 2002, the letter said, and Trump’s tax returns between those years “have been closed administratively by agreement with the IRS without assessment or payment, on a net basis, of any deficiency,” the lawyers stated.

How much fraud would the IRS overlook?

1 Like

:rofl:wow
Fake news does hate to talk about it.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-donates-paycheck-to-department-of-homeland-security-tweets-photo

When looking at public filings on two Trump properties, Wild inconsistencies have been found about valuation based on who the numbers are being reported to.

When reporting to the City and State of New York, the value of his properties are significantly lower than what is reported to investors and banks when looking for loans.

That is tax and loan fraud.

Since those loans are are bundled into securities… that is securities fraud.

This is exactly what his former lawyer testified to under oath in front of Congress.

It is why the President has been fighting tooth and nail to keep his financials a secret.

Heck… what we know about he and his siblings involvement in All County Building Supply and Maintenance would have brought down any other administration.

But the supporters don’t care.

So there is that.

yeah…but if you don’t pay it you can be as rich as you want.

He might be worth 300 Million.

You just proved my point.

He’s still draws a salary, which he then donates to whomever he wants. Still doesn’t mean he’s not taking a salary. Then he gets to write off the donation on his taxes. So in addition to drawing a salary, he reduces his taxable income and pays less taxes.

And he makes big bucks charging the Secret Service for room/board/Golf Carts at his hotels.
.WW, PHS

1 Like

WorldWatcher #1 Yes, everything you just mentioned about salary and donations is fairly accurate. How the donations process works is an announcement comes out of the place earmarked (I assume the net pay?) Trump wishes money to go. Federal regulations prohibit public agencies from accepting such funds directly without Congressional authorization. For example, the Dept of the Interior or Dept of Agriculture have been reported to be a few of the President’s past benefactor preferences. Perhaps they got deposited into the General Fund of the Dept of Treasury. Also saw Trump put some of his paychecks into not-for-profits agencies like the Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.

#2, And a bigger yes is how costly it is to protect any US President. Trump preferring to stay in hotels of his families owning whenever possible is of sound logic. Any economic benefit his family gets is secondary to his overall security and safety. I have seen hotels reported to be charging like $650 per night in Trump properties for secret service agents. So long as the charges are in line with what the going rate to house any sitting President is this will continue to be less of a concern.

Lastly, no matter where Trump stays critics will be after him. For example, optics looked very poor a few years back when a big government summit already tentatively reserved to take place at a Trump property. The site was switched.

And he donates his salary to charity.

Exactly how much does he personally make off of the rentals to the Secret Service? Provide your sources.

NuffSaid: $300 Million might be appetizers to what Trump campaign spends if Sanders gets Democratic nod for their nomination.

Expect total spending on both sides to exceed 2 billion this time around.

That’s ridiculous.

Heard something even crazier (although not verified) if Sanders allows Bloomberg to get nomination might be willing to dip into the till for up to $4 Billion…

I was told the same in 2008 when I said it would exceed a billion, then again in 12 when I said it would approach if not exceed 1.5bn.

We’ve been adding about 500m per cycle since 2004.

Bloomers is so hell bent on controlling the nation I would not be surprised.

He spent over 60m just on congressional races in 18.

I think the figure for Jefferson is greatly exaggerated.

He certainly died with large debts. His estate including 130 slaves were sold after his death to pay off creditors.

And it wouldn’t begin to put a meaningful dent in his net worth.

Bill.in.PA It is believed Jefferson died in 1826 with $100K of debt. Adjusted for inflation to 2016 dollars that computes to $2.4M. To your point that’s still a far cry from the estimated peak net worth of $236M prior to him becoming President in 1801. Land prices in Virginia certainly soured, explaining rationale to make at least some economic sense out of this high #. TJ did also entertain tourists and guests quite a bit after he retired from public service at Monticello. Imagining those lavish rooms had to be kept, top of the line artwork hung, dining carts with the finest cuts of meats served and bottles of the very best imported French wines opened costing a pretty penny too. But still…