Presidents Peak Net Worth Ratings have Trump #1 - Washington #2 and Jefferson #3

JFK got his money from bootlegging. Has that been a concern for you?

1 Like

The important takeaway is that it certainly seems the DEMOCRAT party is beholden to monied coastal elites.

Do you have an answer for that, libs?

Yes, he was. I think he sold his library to the government. It became the library of Congress.

I think you mean his fatherā€¦

JFK got his money from his father.

CanadianJudo - check out the book: Washington, A Life written by Ron Chernow. His father Augustine comes from rather ordinary means at the time of harsh English rule. And literally stumbles into acquiring a modest amount of wealth by inheriting from the dowry of his 1st wife who expires very young. AGā€™s 2nd bride is GWā€™s mother Mary Ball Washington. She too was shunned from high society. Also probably received a very scant education. Itā€™s not until he marries Martha Dandridge Custis with her families bountiful collection of properties, including thousands of acres around Williamsburg that immediately elevates his status into Virginiaā€™s upper crust.

If Trump actually has 3 billion dollars Iā€™ll eat my hat.

I wasnā€™t even born when JFK was shot. This has not been of concern to me.

PeterGriffin: You may have a valid point, but certainly this very Presidentsā€™ family is still amassing billionaire fortunes many times over and forever more.

And what we do know about his taxes shows a ton of fraud.

who cares.

BillBrown, My apologies- you are correct - Washington was born into a middle class family and later married into substantial wealth. Andrew Jackson was born into poverty. I just edited my initial reply.

I wasnā€™t alive or thought of when JFK was president, so I donā€™t know. I mean at least it was American moneyā€¦I guess.

JFK was 3-years old when prohibition started and 16 when it ended.
.WW, PHS

It all depends on the value that Trump chooses to place on his name on any given day, right? Maybe today Trump does feel that his name is worth three trillion dollars.

If only there was some way to actually get an idea of his true net worth.

What would be gained?

Trump has nothing to gain considering heā€™s already convinced half the country that heā€™s filthy rich and a business genius. Itā€™s certainly a valid question, though, considering his business ā€œsuccessā€ and so-called deal-making ability was a major part of his bona fides for the job.

1 Like

Hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars ultimately morph even those already possessing massive wealth. Becoming President now is profoundly life altering onto itself. It is unimaginable to comprehend how much more in financial gains will yet to be generated for the Trump family beyond intrinsic means. Even former Presidents these days born without a silver spoon are becoming enormously wealthy.

We are now three years in. It may have had more significance the first go round.

So what?

Lincoln was 4 on his 4th birthday.