Presidential Approval Rating

Overall a 3 point lead for Biden; probably an electoral college win for Trump.

The 18-29 demographic is not known for their wisdom, they are generally known for their ambivalence. Look at their “not going to vote” numbers.

This is why it doesn’t matter how low Joe goes:

" I’m Vice President of the United States. Everything I handle is…a tough issue. "

2 Likes

Latest from Pew.

Notable thing is majority of Hispanics and Asians disapprove.

A recent generic congressional poll was released by NYTs. I have not seen the poll but it shows a one percent difference in total.
According to the Yahoo article on the poll, it shows that for the first time Democrats had a larger share of support among white college graduates than they did among nonwhites.
Republicans made inroads with nonwhite and working class voters while Democrats did better with white college graduates.

Likely a difference between those concerned with the economy and those concerned with social issues (abortion?), IMO.

https://news.yahoo.com/poll-shows-tight-race-control-115709598.html

My interpretation (for those few who would care) the elite have moved on to a world of social and climate justice by race, the rest of us are stuck with concern over the conditions that determine our daily lives.

2 Likes

Pretty much. Those who have plenty of disposable income and live in safe neighborhoods with private security don’t have to worry about economy and crime as much. They can afford to have their heads in the clouds somewhat.

Nothing new in here. Same continued downward trajectory.

But posted for the record:

3 Likes

Exactly, none of this crap show can touch people like me, but unlike a lot of democrats I remember what it was like to be poor and then middle class and still have empathy for them.

Broke the 30 floor

3 Likes

And then there’s this:

2 Likes

Uh oh !!!

Among people of color, 45% now approve of Biden’s overall performance, down from 54% in the spring. That decline includes a 6-point dip among Black adults and a 9-point decline among Hispanic adults. Biden’s approval ratings for handling the economy and inflation now break negative among Black adults, who have been among the President’s strongest backers (47% approve and 52% disapprove on the economy, while 34% approve and 65% disapprove on inflation)

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/18/politics/cnn-poll-joe-biden-economy-us/index.html?utm_source=twCNN&utm_content=2022-07-18T20%3A16%3A58&utm_term=link&utm_medium=social

1 Like

Of course, “historic levels” among POCs isn’t a very hard bar to hurdle.

Nonetheless…

1 Like

The only person in America who is capable of making Biden look competent …

2 Likes

3 Likes

36 %, new Marist poll low

1 Like

That is a terrible number. He is a bad president.

2 Likes

31 % of Quinnipiac

Oof.

See that’s funny

He ran so many times and never made it to the finals. All it took was …. (Not cheating for all you others)

Inside the latest Quinnipiac poll. Interestingly enough, in the same poll Democrats are winning the midterm battle, albeit by just one point.