Presidential Approval Rating

This is probably an outlier but latest Civiqs poll has him at 29%

https://civiqs.com/results/approve_president_biden?uncertainty=true&annotations=true&zoomIn=true

Now he’s poised to drop below Nixon’s approval on the day he left office.

I didn’t realize (or forgotten) Bill Clinton was as popular as he was going into 1994 midterms. What then was the reason for the drubbing ?

What Clinton drubbing? I commented on Nixon.

Averaged out 52 percent isn’t unpopular.

Remember dubya was dropping from 90s approval rating after 9/11

I know, I was going a bit off topic. Maybe I shouldn’t have quoted you to avoid confusion.

It was about a graphic I posted a few posts up where each president stood at approval ratings going into midterms. ^^^

That is my point. He was popular yet Dems got their butts kicked in 94.

Ohhh duh ok

Contract with America and dems were in power for some obscene amount of time prior to the 94 election.

Well, wouldn’t the Contract with America have been a tough sell w/ a popular sitting Dem president ?

I guess not.

Right that’s where the dem being in power for a long time played a role. Congress historically has a lower approval rating that the president.

You do know even with Clinton numbers he lost congress after 2 years…and so did Obama.

That is what I was talking about just now.

I don’t think I would characterize 52 percent as popular.

1 Like

you know what cant be helping joes polls…?

videos of his son weighing crack with a hooker.

but anyway. no one cares

at least he’s not getting any trademarks in china

1 Like

No ? Remember 52 approval does not imply 48 disapproval. Disapproval would probably be close to 40 or so. Plus, he coasted to re-election two years later.

Going to bow out of the discussion, wasn’t paying much attention to politics back then and not interested enough to look it up.

I wouldn’t either, personally. But in today’s political posturing, anything greater than 50.00000 is often called popular.

Heck. In my book, 66 is barely a passing grade. 52 is a solid F. But with grade inflation … well … the TV man tells us 52 is gloriously popular. And in recent history, most presidents would be happy with it. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Well sure, today. Not back then.

:worried:

1 Like

But they’d still vote for Biden over Trump