President Trump to visit Troops? no.....just going to phone-it-in

He could just tweet them from the golf course.

Until the next one comes along

Heā€™s been around these boards for what, two, maybe four years?

Nope, sorry canā€™t remember his posted comments about Reagan from back in 1982.

The point is, the vast majority of ā€œtroopsā€ do not want the hassles and disruptions that come with a presidential visit.

It was standard to have a recorded message from the president on the holidays.

So the next one will be the one who you believe to be the most ignorant and lacks the most intellectual curiosity? Interesting prognostication I guess.

So what youā€™re really saying is that youā€™re not really referring to Democrats as much as anyone who dares believe that Trump is an idiot.

Right?

1 Like

Iā€™ve been around these boards since 2006. FYIā€¦

And Iā€™ve never referred to another President as being ignorant or lacking intellectual curiosity.

Finance and real estate arenā€™t his strengths either.

1 Like

When the next one comes along, people like you will characterize him as the dumbest.

I made a similar statement in another thread, but I deleted it because it appeared to be in the wrong thread. Anyway, it went something like this:

Me, never Democrat. Never voted for a Democrat outside of one local guy about 20 years ago. Never called any president dumb or ignorant. I thought Carter was a bit of a goober, but not dumb.

This guy is dumb. Straight up. But he is very good at reading certain crowds, and he has been focusing on those crowds for the support he needs to keep him in office. Those are the only people he cares to please.

The rest of us see through him.

2 Likes

There it is again. Which people are like NB?

Because my past history indicates such things? Iā€™ve never referred to another President in my life, outside of Trump, as being ignorant and lacking intellectual curiosity. Why have I not? Because it would not have been a true statement. Why have I now? Because the statement is true and accurate.

And I see that you still cannot come up with another single President in the history of the United States whom you believe would even come close to being considered more ignorant or lacking in intellectual curiosity. I am not surprised. It is an impossible task, as Trump takes the cake here.

1 Like

Iā€™d say his strongest skill is media manipulation.

2 Likes

Why are you worried about future republican presidents? We have a Republican president now. He lack any intellect. Itā€™s all about perspectiveā€¦ million dollars sounds like a lot until you have $100 million.

Bush was 2000-2008 dumb and now Trump makes Bush look like Einstein

Did you tell us that you thought GW Bush was smarter than Reagan or his father?

You can set yourself outside of my generalizations, because your standards are different. I donā€™t care. Iā€™m sure everyone who calls Trump the dumbest has their own justifications as well.

The truth has been that every Republican president has been referred to as the mostest-insert-whatevers-here The collective ā€œtheyā€ have to do that, because to not insult him or her, would be seen as giving them a compliment, and the poor losers canā€™t have any of that.

ā€¦ and the next Republican president will be insulted, by claiming Trump was wiser, smarter, craftier,or better in some way,and the new guy is the worstest ever, itā€™s inevitable.

So your complaint is with tribalism and partisanship? Okay, but donā€™t pretend that it is only relegated to one party over the other.

Media is where he is strongest. Upcoming plot is:

Keep border reinforced at Tijuanaā€¦as he should.

This will stress and provoke some migrants into fights and fence jumping.
This brings the far-right to full boil.

Bring the Mexican government in a supporting role to keep migrants parked.
This brings the far-left to full boil.

Everybody tunes in, everyday to see what happens in the next episode of MAGA.

:elephant::wink:

No chanceā€¦ I look at the current field of potential republican candidates that could challenge Trump and none of them are as intellectually deficient as Trump.

1 Like

You can rest assured that it will be highly unlikely that I will ever refer to Trump as wiser, smarter, craftier or better in some way. Ever. He is absolutely the worst president of my lifetime. ā– ā– ā– ā–  him.

3 Likes