President Trump Pittsburgh Shale Insight Conference 10-23-19

Why does everyone assume that?

The 2018 election was a referendum on Trump and he got trounced.

I guess you’re unfamiliar with the concept of the top of the ticket dragging the candidates below them down?

I’m north of Pittsburgh…I’ve seen one…and that’s in ohio

The steel mill I work for is slowing down and laid off some people.
The other steel mill just laid off 55 people, buddy worked 9 days out of this month. Partially due to a shut down for a week. Layoffs will be happening there as well.
Lordstown gm shut down and killed that area.

I know your thing is to just say the opposite of reality so it favors trump and the gop…but of your gonna attempt this local thing…do better.

I havent even seen tommies posts yet…

So. Did the trump address the topic, or was it his usual Airing of Grievances and lies about crowd sizes and election results?

Crowd looks a little small. Except for the protesters in the back.

It was a good speech and the event was only opened to the public 24 hours ahead of the speech.

Shale energy has been a nice boost to our economy.

If I were in one of the auto or steel plants that contracted or closed I would be optimistic at finding a better opportunity with record low unemployment and wages going up.

Try the energy sector. They are hiring in PA and OH.

:eagle:

We are hiring BUT not every tom, dick or Harry can work in our industry. We are not the silver bullet and remember when a well is drilled and completed it will, more or less, run itself

1 Like

Does not need to be at the well. Just driving spoils and product will generate some good jobs.

Lots of pipeline work also being done that does not require huge technical prowess. Just skill with removing trees and grading temporary roads.

:oil_drum:

Just in case you, or others, are looking and fancy working on a spread it would be worth checking out local welding schools. Always looking for good pipeline welders. Its not for everyone but it is a good life if you can handle the pace.

1 Like

Excellent advice!

Always happy to try and get new blood into the bis. Its a great life if you can hack the pace and cope with being away from your loved ones for an extended period. It has given me the chance to travel the world and meet new people. Just got back from Australia and New Zealand for work. I have to say there is more money in Decommissioning at the moment but its still work.

2 Likes