President to media: No follow-up questions

Do you not find sarcastically interrupting someone nearly as soon as they’re talking to be rude? Really?

I would hope that if we were in that situation, you wouldn’t interrupt me as soon as I started speaking-I would consider that to be rude.

It’s not about what I like, but about finding out that you aren’t going to hold Trump to the same standard that you hold Acosta.

Whether Trump wins, or his D opponent in 2020 will have little direct impact on my life. I would just think the very people who support him would hold him to the same standard of behavior they hold the press. Otherwise, they’re just promoting more hyper partisanship.

This incident didn’t happen in isolation.

No, a good example of wasting time and resources would be blowing through $200 million by sending troops to the border for an unnecessary election stunt. Acosta questioned the severity of the situation, and it turns out he was right. There’s no invasion, our troops aren’t doing anything worthwhile at the border, and will be coming back soon because there’s no invasion. THAT, my friend, is the waste of time and resources. And it’s coming from Trump.

1 Like

No. Why would you ask that? Do you think that a reporter’s conduct when asking our President questions is important? Should they be allowed to be disrespectful?

Does a reporter have an excuse for being “disrespectful” when he was sarcastically interrupted within seconds of speaking? What’s the duty of the president to be respectful and maintain decorum? Isn’t he supposed to set the example? Doesn’t the buck stop at the top?

No. There is no excuse. NONE.

Of course not. So why isn’t Trump held to the same standard? He’s the freaking president. He SHOULD be held to a higher standard for the office alone…but he’s not. Why?

Trump’s antics embarrass me and sometimes disgrace the office. When 2020 comes around, it’ll be interesting to start the process again and evaluate the lessor of the evils another time. I seriously doubt there will be a great candidate.

I doubt there could possibly be anyone worse than Trump.

Of course, I felt that way before the election, so there’s that.