Preferred Gender Pronouns from An Early Age

I can’t speak to your experience, or to what you find “rude”.

From my experience, trans people are no more or less rude than people as a whole.

We have failed society and especially females in physical sports when this starts happening, it is the total opposite of feminism, which supposed to be about and equal playing field. Allowing men who wear a dress to beat up on women or in this case another girl transitioning doping up on steroids the license to choke out another girl is wrong.

The new equality

As for preferred pronouns it’s ridiculous to call someone who is likely to be suffering from a mental disease their way. It’s like urging people who want to cut off their limbs which exists to do it because otherwise we might hurt their feelings.

Calling me out the Father of the Bride for using a gender specific pronoun (noun, actually, the word that set her off was “boy”) at his daughter’s wedding reception. There is no other word for it, particularly when I was not even referring to her or to any specific individual.

The event was at a no-smoking venue, but there was an open outdoor shelter designated for smoking. The smokers, both men and women, had designated themselves “the bad boys” because of the visual parallel with timeouts for bad behavior. This woman (who was clearly attempting to appear asexual, but failing) excused herself from the small group of us who were chatting to say she was going for a smoke. All I did was quip “Oh gunna hang out with the bad boys.” She kind of came unglued and let me have it for calling them boys. Rude rude rude.

That does sound rude.

At the grocery store earlier today, a woman stole a package of sausages from my cart while my back was turned. That was rude rude rude, too.

I am failing to see how that relates to preferred gender pronouns.

I thought we were talking about rude people.

What does your anecdote about a rude person have to do with gender pronouns?

No, we were talking about preferred gender pronouns … its in the thread title.

My anecdote was for you benefit since you clearly did not seem to understand what I was saying to @EternalVigilance. Sorry if I offended you. It was full of gender specific pronouns.

Disgusting.

1 Like

Well, I thought that’s what we were talking about.

No, I understood it. That’s why I called you out on your assumption - which, by the way, your anecdote doesn’t actually support.

Oh, that’s just adorable. You’re trying to shame me, as if this was some schoolyard. Try to paint me as emotional and illogical.

That certainly supports your argument. Very cogent.

You seem upset. Why the anger?

Sometimes I forget where I am.

What’s your excuse?

Excuse for what? I’m not upset or angry.

:rofl:

Whatever you say.

That’s better. At least you broke a smile. :wink:

It is, I will never forget in 2016 I was waiting for my plane at the O’Hara airport heading back home and I was wondering what everyone was looking and pointing at, then I saw. A dude that had to be around 6’6” tall standing their in a pink dress, black chest hairs exploding out of the front of the dress and he was pulling his carryon luggage which just had to be a pink Hello Kitty bag.

I am sorry that is never going to be considered the norm. Now I would never advocate in a million years to harm anyone like that, but maybe just possibly instead of proper pronouns to help someone maybe a “Proper Psychologist” might have served him better.

4 Likes

They don’t chide me, they laugh because they know I try. Their case is exceptionally complicated, with serious mental health issues. It’s been a struggle to watch, because the kid is great.

the left considers this “progress”

What do you think was going on in her head?

(I recognize I am making assumptions, but it is being used for rhetorical effect)

She knew she wasn’t passing.

That’s how it works. It’s part of the process. In order to surgically transition, it almost always requires living as that gender for many years. Even if you’re not looking for the surgery, it takes years for the hormones to really work. That object of ridicule to you was just doing what she had to do.

Being left-handed will never be the norm. Now, I would never advocate in a million years that left-handed people should be killed, but maybe instead of getting left-handed desks, we should just beat it out of them.

I don’t know Doc I think even the hardest progressive would have had difficulty calling he a she in this particular case. Picture the wrestler Triple H with a pink dress on.

I try to stay in shape work out a few days a week but this dude was jacked, without the dress on he would have looked like he just came out of the locker room as either a WWE wrestler or a linebacker for the Chicago Bears. He defiantly wasn’t a Rupaul type drag queen.

He wasn’t transitioning I don’t think unless he just started his journey. I truly am not and enemy to the lgbtq community although I am not fully on board with the trans movement, not because I am a bigot but because I don’t like when they compete against females in sports or when I hear talk about giving children hormones.

Other than that I don’t care, I was pointing out that the guy at the airport was a sight for the eyes, and not just mine. By the reaction of the crowd it was if someone famous had entered the area all eyes were fixated on him.

The patient determines their own gender, not the mental health professional.