Prediction: Market Will Take Bad Turn Before Election

you can disagree all you want. but we’ll see. thanks

thanks for admitting youre wrong

Why? Trump gave massive tax cuts to the super rich and corporations. Most of that stayed there, and didn’t trickle down. The rich are enjoying their extra millions. Average Americans are still hoping they’ll have a job come Monday.

More holes than a fishing net

No we won’t see because if the market has a downturn, there won’t be any evidence of nefarious motives…you’ll just assume the market had a downturn because shadowy nefarious people manipulated it into happening. This is confirmation bias in action.

A hypothesis or theory that explains everything explains nothing. In this case, the “hypothesis” is that anything that happens that could make Trump look bad was engineered.

1 Like

Dark Shadows.

Ah ■■■■■ Vampires now? :grinning:

The market was over inflated and was not based on actual numbers so a short term correction was coming. For the most part - i dont see it as a drastic downturn. More just to be in line with the market from 30 days ago or so.

But here is a prediction you can take to the bank -If the election is contested the market will drop - Once the election is setled (Regardless of who wins) the market will jump up.

100% gurantee

Markets like stability and hate the unknown.

The federal reserve? Or the federal government?

Dividends from what?

This is going to be fun.

So you are talking about the federal reserve?

The dems have zero control over teh federal reserve.

What dividends could the fed restrict?

thanks. appreciate the good post

i also predict post election chaos. but democrats already are basically promising that.

reserve

the banking system

Why would the Trump appointed Fed do this? A Biden win would likely see them losing their jobs within his term

Elaborate.

They can restrict bank dividends and buybacks if banks fail their stress tests.

They can’t just unilaterally do it.

Oh my God this is funny.

Not that you actually said the words “Trump is costing the super rich to help ordinary Americans”.

That you actually believed those words. You essentially called Trump a Lib.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

other than the 30 or large banks subject to the stress tests the fed has no say on dividends whatsoever.

How would the democrats compell the fed reserve to do their bidding?

Lowering dividends from the banking system? Are you referring to interest rates?

Lowering interest rates is good for the market.

I think thinkingman is out of his league here. I really want a good explanation on the government just limiting dividends. I need a larf(old school Mr. Burns laugh).