Predict what will happen to the people including at least some from Stephen Colbert show arrested at Capitol last night, June 16th

2 Likes

It’s "D"ifferent this time.

4 Likes

Not really.

My buddy works for the Late Show.

This was a case of Robert Smigel playing the game of ■■■■ around and find out.

They weren’t there with criminal intent, they were officially invited into the building and they cooperated with law enforcement.

One of the field producers who was there does have a wife that was up for a government job that got scuttled because of this kerfuffle.

1 Like

Comparing this to the failed insurrection is just stoopid.

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog escapes his due justice yet again.

1 Like

A lifetime ago I worked on a Smigel thing for Comedy Central called TV Funhouse.

The man is a nut.

That was his bit on SNL wasn’t it? TV Funhouse? The Ambiguously Gay Duo and all that?

He seems pretty crazy.

Yeah… and then he spun that into a Comedy Central show of the same name.

It had live actors, muppets and live animals.

It was a mess.

I will never forget the night that the DP got bitten by a cranky and tired monkey.

Insurrection is ok. Sometimes.

1 Like

The same goes for the majority of the Jan 6 protesters.

4 Likes

Calling what happened on Jan 6 an insurrection is stupid too.

5 Likes

They were not officially invited in during a riot.

Like if it were shown that some Republican congressman “officially invited them in” you would consider that a valid defense for them instead of proof that Republican congressman was part of a conspiracy.

3 Likes

If there was a situation where some media was being made by a conservative outfit and the exact same situation happened that happened with the Late Show… yep… I would have the same opinion.

That media is highly politicized pro Democrat media. They were in there banging on the doors of Republicans. They were there for political purposes.
They can make light of it only because their ideology controls most media.

3 Likes

They should have let everyone go but arrested the puppet and kept it in jail.

Yes they were. Hundreds of them. When a uniformed officer holds the door open for you, it’s an official invitation to enter. It’s on video,

3 Likes

Dog bites man.

Too bad. Dems had a chance to pretend to be fair.

1 Like

Just the opposite.

It wasn’t an insurrection.

1 Like

Don’t we have video of MTG doing that before she was elected?