Powerful US attorney who investigated Trump associates refuses to step down after Barr tries to push him out

I don’t think McConnell will mind doing it in the slightest.

I think we are overestimating how many people understand this enough or are paying attention to know why this is a problem.

Hell the couple of stories about Clayton’s appointment didn’t even mention the Berman controversy…they were all about how the crypto currency traders would be watching this carefully.

Clayton will be confirmed.

Barr and Trump just couldn’t wait to try and get Berman to go, I guess, because of the 2020 finance investigation.

They’re going to need a big bus.

Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, said he would seek to have Berman testify at a previously scheduled hearing next week to examine Barr’s leadership of the agency.https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-administration-replaces-manhattan-us-attorney/2020/06/19/acae9348-b298-11ea-8758-bfd1d045525a_story.html

1 Like

mcconell might not mind but i dont see there being 50 votes to confirm him.
any GOP senator in a close battle isnt going to want to touch this with a 50 foot pole.

3 Likes

I have a lesser opinion about Americans’ ability to care long enough than some of you do.

I’m not overestimating that Democratic senators know they can make serious election year hay out of this confirmation. I’m not overestimating the will of Republican senators who are fighting for their seats to want to vote yes on this.

Answered but I’ll answer again.

I have a lesser opinion about Americans’ ability to care about this issue long enough that GOP senators will be seriously scared to confirm Clayton.

I stand willing to be corrected.

No one has a lesser opinion of American’s ability to care about politics than me. I know that ■■■■■■■ politicians care about politics though.

The baaa baaaa baaaad sheople will regurgibleat every excuse possible because that sheople food apparently tastes really good.

2 Likes

Who the President is doesn’t matter.

In this case the President has no power to appoint a temp to the position…period.

I see you have accepted this as fact because you’re now throwing up red herrings.

Yes I look forward to your analysis of how the Democrats blew this by talking about it but not perfectly with the same certainty one awaits the return of the tide.

Hey…all I said is that I think Clayton will be confirmed and that it won’t affect election chances because Americans won’t care long enough for it to matter.

Said nothing about how the Dems’ messaging has been on this one.

We’ll find out if I am right on the first part soon enough. If Trump wants Clayton to assume his duties Jul 3, the confirmation hearing will have to be soon.

Like the tide.

Barr is loosing credibility, and respect daily.
He looks every part of the bully, and it is not a good look.
Does anyone here think Mr. Trump would ever be as loyal to Barr as Barr is to him now.

3 Likes

He has a right to nothing. Whether judicially appointed or not, he still serves at the pleasure of the President.

Until Clayton is confirmed, Berman cannot be replaced.

We’ve moved past even bothering trying to hide it and are now comfortably in the in-your-face blatant corruption phase of The Trump presidency.

4 Likes

He can be fired.

silly Tripe. The administration has been seeking to replace this AA for some time. Any investigation the office is conducting will continue regardless of who the AA is. There is nothing corrupt about the President replacing an AA.

This is the never Trump conservative nightmare.

Trump blatantly steering prosecutions and pressuring prosecutors to go easy on his political allies.

This will come back around, Trumpsters, and when it does they will shove your sycophancy here back down your throat and that will be that.

4 Likes

Actually, technically speaking, he serves at the pleasure of the SDNY judges that appointed him.

Maybe they should’ve, y’know, confirmed him or someone else through the Senate as the actual SDNY USA and there would be no problem with getting rid of him.

2 Likes