Powerful testimony Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act

A tough subject and a tough read for anyone with a soul but well worth the time and effort to get through it.

This isn’t about ending abortion, it’s about passing a law that requires babies aborted alive to receive proper treatment to keep them alive.

4 Likes

What a disgrace, shame and perversion of our nation…that this subject must be discussed and I am truly saddened by it.

2 Likes

What disgusts me is that anyone can justify letting these kids die in the name of “choice” when they are born alive.

This isn’t even abortion, it’s pure infanticide.

3 Likes

How in the hell did “we” ever arrive here?

Democrats giving up their souls and too many republicans being pummeled into silence as “misogynists”.

Just think of how often we’re told we have no business at all commenting on "women’s issues’ unless we’re women ourselves?

The same with race issues. Just check some of our more recent discussions of same and how there’s a constant flow of “how nice white people deciding what’s good for blacks etc”.

Unfortunately it’s effective in silencing a lot of folks.

3 Likes

Actually it is. Without Roe v Wade, the pandora’s box of abortion of handicapped infants, late term abortion & leaving live infants to die never would have been opened.

2 Likes

I doubt that’s true. Abortion was and always will be legal in some states.

In fact I’d wager that even without R v W abortion would be legal in all states today but with different limits as per what qualifies as legal justification and time limits.

Wrong.

This is difficult to read.

A blight on medicine and our ability to protect these precious lives.

:broken_heart:

I’d say the contrary. It’s miraculous that we keep moving back the number of days at which a fetus become viable due to advancements in medical tech.

What is abhorrent is the moral justifications for aborting perfectly viable, healthy infants and then allowing them to die once born.

It’s a moral problem not a medical problem.

3 Likes

So I started reading the article… and halfway into it I asked myself what the hell is this? Had to look into this website and it all made sense.

LifeSiteNews.com’s writers and its founders, have come to understand that respect for life and family are endangered by an international conflict. That conflict is between radically opposed views of the worth and dignity of every human life and of family life and community. It has been caused by secularists attempting to eliminate Christian morality and natural law principles which are seen as the primary obstacles to implementing their new world order.

1 Like

Yes it is a moral failing.

I have long been in favor of eliminating abortion clinics.

These facilities are medicines moral solution to turn their backs on these cases.

Legal abortion should be so rare and medically necessary that they be performed in Children’s hospitals with the best care possible should advanced care be needed.

:broken_heart:

SEC. 3. BORN-ALIVE INFANTS PROTECTION.

(a) Requirements Pertaining To Born-Alive Abortion Survivors.—Chapter 74 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting after section 1531 the following:

Ҥ 1532. Requirements pertaining to born-alive abortion survivors

“(a) Requirements For Health Care Practitioners.—In the case of an abortion or attempted abortion that results in a child born alive:

“(1) DEGREE OF CARE REQUIRED; IMMEDIATE ADMISSION TO A HOSPITAL.—Any health care practitioner present at the time the child is born alive shall—

“(A) exercise the same degree of professional skill, care, and diligence to preserve the life and health of the child as a reasonably diligent and conscientious health care practitioner would render to any other child born alive at the same gestational age; and

Ok.

“(B) following the exercise of skill, care, and diligence required under subparagraph (A), ensure that the child born alive is immediately transported and admitted to a hospital.

Contradicts (A) and is the real purpose of this bill. The goal is to force Planned Parenthood to ship everything that twitches to the hospital or face legal penalties.

Pretty gruesome, like most pro-life legislation.

Nothing in B undercuts A.

If the abortion happens outside of a Hospital the patent is to be transported to a hospital.

If it is born in a hospital it is transported immediately to the proper department for care and treatment.

How is that a problem?

1 Like

Medical professionals are to operate under A using diligent, trained discretion. Then that discreition is ignored in B by a government mandate.

Sometimes the proper department of care is the comfort room.

That was a really fast delete.

Abortion clinics do not have neonatal care units nor do they have properly trained personnel to care for a premature infant.

3 Likes

But they do have properly trained health care practitioners with all the legal discretions and responsibilities that their qualifications bestow to them. They are perfectly capable of determining if they can provide the adequate level of care to fulfil their obligations, or if they should transport it elsewhere, just like every other healthcare professional.

No they don’t, they have properly trained abortionists. They have neither the skilled personnel or facilities to care for a premature infant.

1 Like

Abortion clinics have practitioners with the discretion to determine what care is proper and necessary to fullfil their oaths and obligations, just like other medical clinics do.

Repeating it won’t make it true.

Their objective is to kill babies, not save them and they do not have either the training or the facilities to provide neonatal care.

1 Like