Potential Politician Kanye West under fire after saying slavery was a choice

“When you hear about slavery for 400 years. For 400 years?! That sounds like a choice. Like, you were there for 400 years and it’s all of you all? You know, it’s like we’re mentally in prison. I like the word prison 'cause slavery goes too – too direct to the idea of blacks,” he said in the interview. “So prison is something that unites us as one race, blacks and whites being one race. We’re the human race.”

Honestly, I’ve heard the same argument from people in my part of the country. Oh, and Kayne is a nutjob so there’s that.

He’s being either sincerely ignorant, conscientiously stupid or both. What he said yesterday is very dangerous because there are some vile people, even some on these very boards who will actually agree with this. I’m so glad the other dude on TMZ checked his nonsense. Black twitter actually had fun with this yesterday and the tweets were brilliantly hilarious. #ifslaverywasachoice

I said it was only a matter of time before he goes full alt-right, and it’s happening even quicker than expected! :grin:.

Kanye is having a wild ride.

He’s sucking up to a segment of the population that will praise him for sticking it to liberals while calling him a dumb ****** behind his back.

He’s probably spending too much time listening to people like Jesse Lee Peterson.

1 Like

He sounded like Jesse Lee Peterson too. This is exactly something he would say.

He’ll make a wonderful Republican.

A true Republican he is not. A Trumpist, sure.

1 Like

That’s what the Republican party is now. Look at the primaries going on atm, it’s a race to brand oneself as the true Trumpist, not the true conservative or Republican.

Because society wants to know who is using it.

Are you upset you can’t use it?

You really think West believes in anything except fame and fortune. We’re talking about a man who named a child “North West”.

He’s not a Republican or a liberal or a Dem or a Trumpist. He’s a spoiled mama’s boy. A 40 year old brat.

1 Like

He’s the perfect type of meme candidate for the youngsters who are already bored with Trump. If he gets a hold of some /pol/ material, scrubbed of slurs, he could actually pull this off.

He doesn’t even need to be a republican either, this kind of stuff can peel off young extremist minorities that believe they are enlightened above their brothers by taking on controversial views.

Don King, Kanye, Omarosa… Interesting group of African-Americans Trump attracts…

His comment about 400 years being a choice? Under what context does that make any sense?

Believing in nothing much other than fame and fortune isn’t Trumpist/Trumpy?

Kanye isn’t all that far off being a black Trump.

No, in this case it’s Westist. They can’t love anybody but themselves. He’s an attention whore.

It’s a trait they share, independent of each other.

Sounds an awful lot like Donald to me.

1 Like

Or Sean Penn.

Or Ashley Judd.

Why the rush to name left-wing equivalents? It’s sufficient to recognize West and Trump as examples of ■■■■ human beings and leave it at that.

Kanye is about to release a bunch of content and clearly realizes that having his name out there means more sales. That is all this is really about.

Maybe to you. Part of my function here is to maintain a balance, restore equilibrium as it were.

I’m a fanatic.