Potential Politician Kanye West under fire after saying slavery was a choice

Well okay then.

Yes indeed.

I only use it in proper context.

Allan

There is no context in which it is proper for you, a white man, to use that word.

You don’t get a pass lib.

Eh. There’s a very fine line when it comes to that word.

LOL. yes there is.

as long as it not used in a derogatory manner, it is quite acceptable.

Allan

Check your privilege lib.

Not for white people. We erased the line by using it to justify institutional racism.

Zero tolerance.

I don’t think anyone should use it. Black people included.

It’s a relic of a bygone era. It should have died with that era.

I don’t disagree, but they have a right in my book.

Every Jewish person wants to know this as well, considering their history.

Victim blaming at its finest.

Well I guess I’d be offended if I could actually tell for sure what the heck he was trying to say, looks kind of like gibberish to me. I suspect mental illness is the culprit.

Kanye West has always had a mental deficiency.

Isn’t this the same idiot that said George W. Bush “doesn’t care about black people” during a telethon?

He’s talked about not taking the meds prescribed to him after his recent breakdown, so yeah that seems to be part of it.

And embarrass Taylor Swift during an awards show by jumping on stage when she won (I think).

That’s why I was asking about the context of what he was saying. We don’t have much context at all from the link in the OP. One of the two people with West was nodding his head in agreement with him, so he seemed to have understood where West was coming from.

That’s the problem with snippets of video, they don’t show the whole picture, and either leave you scratching your head, or making uninformed assumptions.

That’s right! Lol!
How this numbnuts still has any fans is beyond me and he’s married to a Kardashian. Lol!

I think what he is saying is that those obsessed with slavery actually enslave themselves “by choice” imprison their brains to be locked into one way of thinking and I just heard on the news that he tweeted clarification that its a 400 year old mindset… “choice”.

So enough said…ICAM!! That was then this is now!

I believe Barack Obama called him a “jackass,” which led to much gnashing of teeth, pearl-clutching, and pants-crapping at ye olde hannitye webe forume.

3 Likes