Post Capitalist US

Yes. With less skill now than twenty years ago, but enough that I can manage Camus or Le Monde.

I would not presume to translate a technical manual, discuss finance wirh a Parisian banker, or the minutia of cheesemaking with a Lyonnais expert.

1 Like

Early capitalism very specifically emerged from the Dutch luxury trade, and in English Enclosure.

Once Enclosure chased all the yeomen, free woodsman, peasants, charcoal-makers and poachers into the cities, industrialization emerged from the cheap, desperate surplus labor and the new forms of credit that were used to finance factory construction.

Those Dutch luxury routes became the early-stage networks through which English/Scottish, then quite rapidly, Dutch factory commodities could be exported.

There’s a reason why that Anglo-Scots and Dutch revolution took root in the ‘new world’, southern Africa, India and Oceania. These places were all seized, conquered and colonized by Scots, Anglos and Nederlanders.

Remove the highs and make the line a lot flatter. It removes the will to thrive in forces working against you and when that happens, things will flatten out and become average.

Impressive.

I don’t understand what English Enclosure has to do with capitalism as we use it here.

That is a very East Coast view of the settlement of the US.

What about control or management of the economy?

It will be blocked here but " ■■■■ hole " would be a good description.

2 Likes

Before there’s control, there must be a force to control and that would be mostly removed post capitalist.

I don’t understand. There is already control, how would it change?

…it fades from the forces of individuals producing and achieving greatness, which is often accompanied by personal wealth (capitalism), to a force where everything is average and managed mostly by governmental control (communism) and the outcomes are more equal.

1 Like

Ah, motivation and outcomes. Got it.

how close? thats funny. particularly since it is the left thats in bed with giant corporations.

Perhaps, but right now the right is in bed with an ex president who tried to tear down our entire electoral process to stay in power. They even continue to support and defend such actions.

No, but only because the Spanish colonial period was not capitalist in any form.

challenging an election is not “tearing down our whole electoral system”.

When the election has already been decided it is.

decided by whom? the press?

no, its not. as long as you think you have a legitmate argument you are free to challenge the result. you don’t give up due process because the press says you lost.

By the States… then there is a safe harbor date for the Electors and then a ceremonial acceptance by Congress.

Due process was followed.

Who was the one that tried to disrupt that process?

not trump.

“peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard”

there’s just no way around that.

If election was over and decided with no way to change the results, why have a rally to claim that it wasn’t over yet?

Why tell people that Pence could deliver it?

That isn’t patriotism.