Portland Goon arrested for bombing the courthouse

What does that have to do with the subject at hand?

Rules 18 & 21 of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure govern venue. Only the defendant can move for change of venue, but in practice, it is extremely difficult to get such a motion granted.

Most States also give the defendant the exclusive privilege of making a change of venue motion. Florida is one of the few States that permits the prosecution to ask for a change of venue.

1 Like

Portland juries seem to be empathetic to those taking on CentGov. Pretty obvious.

You have exactly one example to support that supposition. Really?

You mean you want something to get rid of constipation?

1 Like

You’re the one who made the assertion that Portland is a friendly environment for the defense. I just gave you a data point that backs up your assertion.

It is an extremely friendly venue to the “protesters” and has been for more than a year.

The mayor and city council as well as a large portion of the populace have proven to be siding with and supporting them.

@WildRose, Portland is a lost cause. That place has slid downhill to the point it is lower than whale ■■■■■ The mayor and bozos on the city council are some of the dumbest rocks I have ever seen.

I used to hunt a LOT in Eastern Oregon but never visited the rest of the state. Used to really enjoy The Owyhees and high desert but the way the state has gone the last couple of decades I doubt I’ll ever be back.

I’ll stick to staying in Idaho from now on when I go to the NW I guess.

Yes. They are quite bat ■■■■ crazy. Preferring violent offenders of law enforcement.

When I read about this, it just tickled my funny bone. I mean…grandma gets her grandson a vest to wear outside on his nightly raids of mayhem and then he gets caught when the online product review she gave was used to identify him? You can’t make this stuff up folks? Talk about karma… :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Only the defense can ask for that.

Can you give a cite please.

It has everything to do with the alleged propensity of Portland juries to favor defendants protesting central government malfeasance going back at least 4 years.

You are off topic. Please stay on topic.

The Bundys are protesters. Fours years - 2016.

Yes sir. I was trying to project light humor in this chaotic world of craziness we are living in while being sensitive to the emotional needs of our more progressive brothers and sisters.

My humble apology at my light humor.

Granny is just as stupid as her grandson. Granny and granddaddy raised kids that became parents of these “peaceful protesters” that throw bombs at federal buildings and point lazers in eyes without respect of safety of others.

Me thinks we are seeing the fall of the Roman Empire redux.

Who are the Bundy’s? Any relation to Ted?

Ranchers. Not that I’m aware of.