Poll for the unvaccinated (re: FDA approval)

Have the numbers for us?

Not off hand.

Do healthy unvaccinated people catch covid and have some of them ended up in the hospital?

I dunno, you tell me. You made the assertion, not me.

Yes, they do. Otherwise we would have heard over the past year that healthy people aren’t catching covid. And we do know that the vaccines are still somewhat effective at lessening the odds of getting covid and for lessening the severity of breakthrough cases. Therefore logically the vaccine is more effective then a healthy lifestyle alone.

Pretty sure for that to be true, you need more healthy people to get it and get hospitalized or die than the number of vaccinated who do. I have yet to see any sort of number from you on how many otherwise healthy people do. Pointing out a few isn’t going to cut it.

I don’t have the time to find and put together numbers for you.

According to this article 99% of hospitalizations are nonvaccinated:

30% of those hospitalizations are 65% and younger. I’m unaware of the healthiness of that 30%.

Young is not a synonym for healthy.

Sure, that’s why I said, “I’m unaware of the healthiness of that 30%.”

But they are more likely healthy then the elderly.

Is that the correct model to be using?

So I can just live on the typical American diet and as long as I’ve got the vaccine I’ll be better off. Do you work for Conagra, Unilever, Merck? No judging from me, I promise.

1 Like

That’s my understanding.

No.

You have yet to show any reason you should have that understanding but you do you.

Because there’s no data to suggest otherwise that I’ve seen. In general the vaccines lower the risk of getting it, getting hospitalized, and dying.

So does being young and healthy.

But what are you basing the idea that it does better at achieving this vs being vaccinated?

Never said that, I asked you to prove your contention they weren’t. I try not to assert facts I can’t prove.

Its logical. If the vaccines lower the risk of getting it, getting hospitalized, and dying and there has been no studies that show being healthy is just as effective as getting vaccinated, then its reasonable to assume a healthy person is still better off vaccinated then not.

The assertion wasn’t are they better off, the assertion was the vaccine alone is more effective than being young and healthy in avoiding a bad outcome. To prove that, you need to show a higher percentage of young healthy people are getting it and having a bad outcome than people who got the vaccine are.

1 Like

Pretty sure there are plenty of lawyers working on that math as we speak.

Less effective than what? Being morbidly obese, taking the shot and ending up on a ventilator? Which data set does this claim derive support?

2 Likes