Poll for the unvaccinated (re: FDA approval)

No its not.

its goign to get a lot tougher for the unvaxxed.

delta airlines just announce that the unvaxxed will face a $200/month health insurance surcharge.

i expect other employers will do the same

delta airlines just announce a $200/month surcharge for health insurance for the unvaxxed…

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/delta-air-lines-to-require-that-employees-be-vaccinated-or-pay-health-insurance-surcharge/ar-AANJEpA

1 Like

:rofl::+1:t4: :heart:

1 Like

It was about 24 hours of feeling like my insides had been set on fire. Never felt anything close to that before.

Scary but i didn’t go to the hospital because i figured they could do nothing about it.

If dose 2 was like that what would dose 3 be like?? :thinking:

I have a great Dr and have a load of questions for him next week. Haven’t seen him since dose 2.

Was dose 1 fine?

Same for me. I’ve made an appointment for next week but I has nothing do with the FDA approval. I’ve just been more or less lazy about it and dragging my ass. Didn’t want to take off from work.

My employer gave free PTO for getting the shot and taking a day off to recover.

Dose one i felt nothing really.

why would that be? if the vaccine works for you you are protected for at around 8 months. if not, you’re not protected from getting it at all, but will benefit in not getting really sick (for almost all).

Hopefully dose 3, if you get it, will be more like that. Good luck.

1 Like

The Moderna vaccine isn’t 100% effective and I’d imagine kissing and living with someone with covid in close quarters is going to expose me to a lot of virus.

Just a little something to think about:

you completely misunderstand the percentages.

for 90% of people the vaccine is 100% effective
for 10% its 0% effective

everybody does not get a 10% chance

percentages are for example

None of the above…I’ve had the virus, and that makes me hesitant to get the vaccine.

Delta certainly has every right to do that, but will they be able to replace any employees who don’t want the vaccination and don’t want to pay that $200? Several weeks ago, there were hospitals in Houston that fired nurses and employees who didn’t want to be vaccinated. Now they have a critical shortage of staff and are left begging. And those nurses can probably find a job elsewhere.
In my small (not urban) area, there are three businesses I know of (entertainment and food service) that may have to close because they cannot find help - a few more just operate a few days a week, or a shorter working day because they can’t fill their shifts. The grocery stores are begging for help. Spirit Airlines has also cancelled a lot of flights since July, primarily because of staffing shortages - they are blaming some of it on bad weather conditions, but most reports point to the shortage of flight crews.
You can tell your employees, get vaccinated or else, but what if there are dozens of “or elses” eager and willing to hire them?

1 Like

That’s the employment marketplace for ya. If they can’t get enough staff then they’ll have to reverse on their anti-non-vaccinated policy and/or raise salaries.

Studies show that if you get the vaccine you’ll be even better protected then just those who got the vaccine but haven’t gotten covid and if you don’t you’ll be less protected.

Better pop that bubbly and celebrate.

Authoritarianism rules!!!

Maybe the unvaxxed should just say ■■■■ it and quit paying taxes?

2 Likes

Can the government force vaccines on the incarcerated?

Is that how all the authoritarians are going to get it done?

Y’all need to buy a ■■■■■■■ mirror. :rofl:

Better yet, read some damn history and learn from it.

3 Likes