Politics In Retail Transaction Question

I still find it so odd that because you’re from some state, some clerk in another state thinks you might have gone to a rally there.

Trump had a rally here last year. Had I been traveling in another state around then, I would have thought it so weird if a clerk in another state asked if I had attended that rally.

Dude. We have 3 million people here and like 5000 attended the rally. It was hundreds of miles away on a weekday. It was a blip that barely made news.

Must be a true fanboi.

1 Like

LOL. Saying “Did you make it to the Trump rally” is a clear and open assumption that he is a Trump fan. No shades of gray or room for other interpretations. The clerk is a dumbass.

Then accept them instead of copping an attitude.

He was polite and friendly, you were rude and you blame the outcome of the encounter on the guy who was trying to have a friendly encounter with you.

You didn’t even recognize him as a person as you describe him as “the state”.

You’re still leading with your chin.

Adam and Wildrose.

Topic other than each other.

I would have just said I don’t go to political rally’s. And left him standing there

The OP is about the OP and his experience.

If we’re going to discuss the op you can’t divorce the OP from the OP.

Yeah that would have been best. Better than “Absolutely not.”. My bad.

False.

Your own words.

Except its a 2 minute transaction where they work for the state to finish a transaction and nothing more.

I[quote=“WildRose, post:75, topic:223890, full:true”]
Your own words.

Except its a 2 minute transaction where they work for the state to finish a transaction and nothing more.
[/quote]

I recognized him as a person:

. Clerk looks at my license and goes “Michigan… hmmmm…” I know he’s kinda joking so I joke back “It is a real place. I live there.” He smiles, transaction ends and then he says “Did you go to Trump’s rally when he was there?

No, you reduced him to simply being a functionary of the state.

So I did recognize him as a person which makes you wrong.

No, you simply saw him as a functionary of the state not a person by your own words.

“The state” doesn’t perform transactions, people do and it was a person you were interacting with, not “The State”.

Not a criticism…just that I don’t share things with strangers.

I understand.

You know for sure that @Adam saw this guy as the state? A functionary of the State? Were you there? Do you have inside knowledge of whether he did or not? I do not, so I could not make such a statement one way or another. How can you?

1 Like

I read exactly what he posted and quoted it.

I don’t know, you seemed to think that because he worked for the State he had no business talking politics or asking that question.

That’s what I am getting based on your statements.

Yeah, no big deal, its the state involvement aspect that has me leaning to just passing on the conversation without referencing the specific actual store.

Could be. I was reading that as State in the sense of govt not location since you referenced numerous times the fact it was a State run liquor store.

Apparently functionaries of the state should not ask questions that might damage the calm of democrats.

Or something like that.

1 Like