Police just arrested 57 white supremacists in huge criminal bust

Probably because the vast majority of white people living today have never oppressed anyone.

I agree! And they are likely generations removed from their slave owning ancestorsā€¦ doesnā€™t mean that racism and oppression doesnā€™t exist in our institutions and laws.

How many are fighting against oppression? Silence is acceptance.

We have people in this thread as examples of defending white supremacists. Even if it isnā€™t full throatedā€¦itā€™s still wrong

Is underpaying women a form or oppression? Or is there a better word for that? People across the spectrum do that.

Thatā€™s a good question. If you are hiring 5 people and you want to start them at $75,000 grand and you end up having 6 people to choose from, 3 men and 3 women. All 3 men tell you they need $80,000 grand a year all 3 women are willing to accept $75,000 you hire to guys at $80,000 and 3 women at $75,000 - have you ā€œoppressedā€ the women?

hereā€™s a chart. is that oppression?

Thatā€™s an awfully weird hypothetical. Why would you assume that out of 6 applicants all the women would settle for less but none of the men would?

Thatā€™s a pretty chart, there are many variables that go into the wage gap, and one of those variables is there are many women who will accept a job for less money than a man will. If a woman willingly chooses to accept the same job a man accepts but for less money than he will, is that oppression?

Why do you keep making that sexist assumption? Why would women be willing to accept less but men wouldnā€™t?

https://www.monster.com/career-advice/article/salary-negotiation-gender-wage-gap

Do you really not understand that is the result of systemic oppression? That women have been programmed to not speak out.

From personal experience, as I continue to work with women leaders, the battle between the need to be viewed as a hard worker who is ambitious and trustworthy vs. greedy and selfish are the two factors that weigh into the decision to delay the conversation and focus on the gratification that ā€œone day,ā€ someone is going to walk up to their office and make them an offer. There is an overwhelming feeling that we will be punished for asking, so we simply do not.

I understand quite well. You fight it by parents empowering their girls to speak up for themselves and not always be that demure polite little girl that everyone tells what to do.

The alt-reich are definitely trump supporters but i dont see anyone in the thread equating trump supporters with the alt-reich.

Hillary Clinton

Name one group or point out which in the unite the right march were good peopleā€¦ ill wait.

The main organizer of the rally just advocated for invading Haiti and enslaving the people thereā€¦

Charlottesville is bigger than the ā€œunite the rightā€ march.

yeahā€¦ sure

Read the cornerstone speech, the vice president clearly laid it out. Slavery, white supremacy, minor issue tariffs.

Richard spencer said it. Nonreligious Questions

Those were the guys defending the statues einsteinā€¦