Police fired after shooting man in back. Man was in wheelchair and had a knife

I did NOT read your post before posting mine.

Don’t forget about the knife. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Didn’t he say, “Don’t go in the store, sir”, right before deleting that man?

At least they followed procedure by handcuffing the corpse.

It was a Walmart

It’s certainly a two-way street. That’s for sure.

Now where would WalMart get a broom handle??

No, he most likely did. Because there’s always going to be someone.

Just because you point out that someone didn’t obey orders, and that led to their demise, doesn’t mean the end result was justified. Just that their actions led to their demise.

Even in this case. I think the cop should be given 30 years, but the dumb mutt in the wheelchair made his choices. Those choices had consequences. If an officer with a weapon tells me to do something, or not to do something, I oblige. If I have a problem with that, I can now take it to the next level. What I don’t do is test my luck.

1 Like

If police can’t figure out how to slow down or stop electric wheelchair, they should not be cop.

1. Put one 2x4 in front and one in back.
  2. Pull the plug on battery. Or just cut the wire.
  3. Tip the chair over
  4. EMP gun
  5. Taser the guy

I’m with you on that. It didn’t need bullets to stop a slow-speed chase.

I can understand the reluctance to conduct a close-to-the chair solution. The guy did have a knife, so close proximity could have resulted in a slashing or stabbing. (Such as unplugging the power. Or actually grabbing the guy or tipping the chair.)

But yes, a nightstick shoved into the spokes would be quick enough to do without risking injury. certainly a taser. For that matter, a whack on the head with the nightstick would have worked.

It’s easy in retrospect to propose all sorts of solutions. I’ll bet 100 options have been swirling through the cop’s head since the incident. I suspect the cop was caught up in emotion (such as fury for being ignored and dissed by an old man in a wheelchair who defied his constabulary authority.) He let his emotions override clear thinking. For that now, he faces serious charges that he brought upon himself.

PS: If you couldn’t tell, my “where would WalMart…” comment was pure sarcasm.

What knife? I haven’t seen a knife…or a tool box for that matter.

The article said (or a poster?) he pulled a knife.

He was actually zooming into the Lowe’s when he got shot. I’m assuming he stashed the toolbox he snatched from Walmart, then proceeded into the other store when he was stopped by 8 bullets, pause, then one more for his escaping soul.

A 15 year old unarmed kid could have put a stop to that guy. Just get behind him, what is he going to do?

I’m really fascinated by what this cop did. Probably the wrong choice of words, but it was so bizarre.

You’re probably right. The cop was probably butthurt and just let his emotions take over.

I just read a post in the comments section of that video.

“Don’t do the crime and you won’t take the 9”. Cracked me up.

1 Like

I have a camera in my classroom. It’s for my defense, supposedly, if a student or parent claims negligence for a lab accident.

Did you see a knife in and video? What I saw and posted right here on this very thread his cigarettes, cell phone. No knife, not toolbox.

Are you saying that your wife rides a broom when she goes out and about? :wink:

And? Do you realize how long it would take to run into the store, find the brooms, pay for it and then run back out to where the guy used to be, but has now motored off to who knows where?

As I said … perhaps a nightstick.

Only the last one is practical.

It would be prudent for their PR departments to find a way to post verifiable statistics while protecting the privacy rights of those recorded, if applicable.