Pilosi Quotes Fake Scripture

It may not be in scripture, but this does sound like Catholic teaching–something heard in a homily or catechism class. However, at least in my class, it was taught in the context that this is how we should act towards those we meet personally, or come across personally, in everyday life. It wasn’t an argument for open borders. I wonder how often Speaker Pelosi’s wealth and position allow her to personally help individuals who enter her sphere? Or, does she ever step outside that sphere either in D.C. or San Francisco to personally lend a hand to an individual who could Speaker Pelosi’s actual hand–instead of a government policy? I don’t know. She may very well be doing this also as Catholicism teaches: Don’t let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.

Suddenly, being a perfect Christian matters again.

I completely agree my friend. I like being challenged to think about my beliefs, and you do a great job of that, which I appreciate. You have a blessed day as well.

1 Like

From the article…

OK, actually , she said, it might not technically be from the Bible. “I can’t find it in the Bible, but I quote it all the time,” Pelosi said as she introduced the quote. “I keep reading and reading the Bible—I know it’s there someplace.

So she is still more honest than trump ever could.be…

1 Like

NF is the best.

1 Like

Hilarious post from someone that supports the most un-Christian president in history. The president who says and does things every day that are the exact opposite of what Christ would do.

Trump would say it’s 110% in the Bible. Then when it wasn’t, he’d call it fake news, blame Jesus as part of the deep state, and his minions would fervently defend Trump until the bitter end.

1 Like

Trump would literally burst into flames when walking into a church

But Nancy misquoted scripture!

1 Like

No question about it. He absolutely did. And I’d be surprised to see him disagree with that.

And this is why polling research that asks questions of Christians or tells us what Christians support on this-or-that issue should be take with a grain of salt. No attempt is made
to separate responses from “Convenient Christians” and “Devout Christians”.

You probably don’t know why you should be embarrassed by that post.

Politicians should never quote the bible, accurately or otherwise.

It was a joke. Not funny I guess…

I’m sure by now one of her aids will have pointed out these passages to her:

And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ … Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ (MT 25:40,45)

To some extent she captured the spirit of the parable from which these passages come. Abusing it to bolster her political agenda, though, does not sit well with many who actually know what she’s lifting it from.

As an atheist, all scripture is fake, so there’s that.

Trump is the word made flesh…

Whatever he does is christian like then…

I want someone to pull out 2 Kings 2: 23-24 as their favorite verse:

23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

My favorite scripture no doubt - vengeance for the hairline challenged!

1 Like

She’s a liar…

Nancy, as I like to call her, is cool…

2 Likes

Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you’re a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune —you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

2 Trumpians 1:5

2 Likes

She didn’t even misquote it! She called it out. She said she hadn’t found it in the bible but feels it expresses biblical intent.

Her detractors are trying to sell a bill of ■■■■■■■ goods that she was quoting the Bible when she specifically said she hadn’t found it therein.

There’s a phrase in the Bible for doing what her detractors have done today. I think it’s in Exodus.

2 Likes