Pfizer vaccine is 90% effective

Good point.

Anyone check the stock value, pre and post announcement?

Iā€™m highly skeptical of this news.

Pfizer has in recent years proved to be very untrustworthy with its early released of data, to the point it has had studies and paper retracted and employees sacked for data discrepancies.

They donā€™t have a good track record.

So color me wait and see.

2 Likes

Are they trying to blunt an expected announcement from a competitor?

1 Like

Pfizer has a terrible record of exaggerating in press releases.

Looks like Cuomo wants to kill more people before he allows distribution becauseā€¦ Trump

Many Republicans were given insider trading info before the Dow took a drop back in March. Probably ask them why Pfizer is dumping this info now.

Probably the most likely scenario. The first company to make an announcement like this will inherit the earth.

Neither Biden or Trump can take any credit for this. And I give Trump credit for allowing quick movement on the testing of these vaccines. There are some 170 in development right now.

The news is promising.

1 Like

I think heā€™s commenting on Trumpā€™s unwillingness to talk about transition of this plan to Biden.

At the very least, Trump should allow his administration officials to coordinate with the task force Biden is setting up. If somehow Trump defies the odds and gets the election reversed, no big deal.

But if the more likely outcome happens, you donā€™t want to rush a transition of the vaccine distribution plan to the new administration.

Wellā€¦you might if you, say, wanted them to look bad?

nahā€¦ he is just saying that the Trump administration would probably ā– ā– ā– ā–  up the distribution.

Seeing as how this year wentā€¦ it is a pretty reasonably assumption.

This is indeed true. I forgot this.

Itā€™s up around 7%. Not as big a move as I would have expected.

Itā€™s not the message I necessarily disagree with here, itā€™s the messenger. Cuomo has no credibility on this pandemic after NYā€™s handling of nursing homes. None.

1 Like

Its GREAT news. BTW -The Responses from Biden Vs Trump could not be more stark. I am SOOO excited to have a real President again soon.
Bidens statement.

Trumps Statement.

3 Likes

I did listen to the military dude talking about it yesterday on 60 Minutes.

If thereā€™s one thing the military is good at, itā€™s logistics and getting ā– ā– ā– ā–  done so I am not too worried.

Iā€™m worried about two things:

*Will the states get the funding they need to store and distribute the vaccine? Will that all be covered by the feds?

*I know the company that helped develop the armyā€™s vaccine tracking and monitoring systems (called Tiberius). We had a brief partnership with this company- in general they are good at what they do, but I have seen what happens with systems they have thrown together in 2-3 months. Very worried when this system has to go live it wonā€™t be up to the task.

Thatā€™s why he lost. Even in defeat, heā€™s still not taking his worst issue seriously.

2 Likes

Yep. Biden really wanted to jump in there and get his name associated with the new vaccine, didnā€™t he? ā€¦even though he had nothing to do with it. Heā€™s wondering if it will be possible to call it the Biden vaccine with it coming out too early.

2 Likes

Well -Thats a little BDS.

His statement was Presidential and reminded us that while great news -That doesnā€™t mean the battle is over. If any - it was a stark reminder that we have to keep our guard up.

3 Likes

While the timing of this announcement lends itself to conspiracies exceptionally well, thereā€™s a global economy outside of the United States political landscape. News of this magnitude will spike markets across the world, and it was a joint effort with Germanyā€™s BioNTech. Even with our struggles, the rest of the world has had it even worse on the economic front - except for China.

1 Like

Thanks to Trump for fast tracking it.

1 Like