PermaDrooling: The Official Unofficial Trial of Paul Manafort Thread

I think the worst he’s looking at is a possible twelve for the money laundering, so it’s a little more maybe. What I want to see is what he’s been up to with the Russians in Ukraine.

I think it’s going to be Cohen and ties to money laundering and Russian banks on the sanction list financing Trump that’s going to get him.

Sure, because there was only one hold out. That’s why I said it will be interesting to see how many jurors did not agree with conviction.

If it had been 10 or even 6 that would be a different story. For this reason the prosecution may decide to retry, although he’s got his money laundering trial coming up first.

No, he’s definitely not smart enough to realize that. He was praising the guy on twitter today, largely for not cooperating with the feds.

Great “draining the swamp” he’s got going there.

Are you still all gung-ho for Manafort’s pardon?

I’ve never been “gung ho” for it. Stop making stuff up.

Saying I believe something is going to happen does not necessarily mean I endorse it or hope it happens. LOTS of people believe it’s very likely to happen. Particularly after Trump’s tweets about Manafort today.

Manafort is a crook. I’ve got no sympathy.

1 Like

It seemed like you were. Anything to limit damage to Trumps presidency. My error.

Believe me I am no Trump supporter. But knowing who Trump is, I’m assuming you wouldn’t be surprised either if Manafort is pardoned?

He always sticks by people who are loyal to him, no matter how big a sleazeball they are. Sheriff Joe is a great example.

Except in this case Trump is engaged in active obstruction of justice.

Sure, that’s a big risk he takes, especially if he pardons before Manafort’s money laundering trial. We will just have to see how this all shakes out, but his tweets today indicated he’s got lots of sympathy for Manafort, and disdain for Cohen. Not too surprising.

You’re joking right? Trump only cares about himself.

He cares about people who pander to him and say nice things about him. That much is clear. It’s why such a shady character as Sheriff Joe got a pardon.

He will say nice things about anyone who flatters him. That’s part of his narcissistic personality.

I don’t that’s really ‘‘caring’’ for people. And if Arrpio didn’t have a big following he’d still be in jail.

It’s hard to believe his rep. as a germophobe and a non-drinker.

Maybe. I bet it will depend on how the second trial goes. If they get enough of a sentence that essentially ends with Manafort dying in prison, they may let it go. Time will tell.

How long do they have to attempt a retrial? Is there a limit?

I agree. I’ve always thought it was going to come down to money laundering through real estate or something along those lines

1 Like

@Joanne has been one of the most consistent, principled posters on this forum. Like myself, she will give Trump praise when we feel it is deserved. But she abhors the man and what he is doing to this nation. Just like myself.

I believe the only limit the prosecution has is governed by the statute of limitations.

1 Like

Pence has better hope Trump gets impeached as he will be seen as nothing but another immoral person in Trump’s inner circle.

Thanks, and of course I say the same about you. The poster appears to be someone new around here, so I sort of understand if he/she perhaps misunderstood my posts.

Anyway, it’s clear now that although I have said I’ believe Trump will pardon Manafort, I don’t want to see it happen. But we know how Trump is, it would be well within his character to pardon the guy.

1 Like