PermaDrooling: The Official Unofficial Trial of Paul Manafort Thread

Look ma, no collusion… Just a prisoner being tortured to confess his “sins”. Just like the inquisition…

Can you point to the word collusion in Rosenstein’s memo?

30 days in the hole… It’s fun! Weeee, ask any leftist.

There’s a record amount of deflection and pure chaff in this thread already.

'Em R skeered.

1 Like

You’ve been so conditioned you forgot what the investigation is about? I’m not surprised.

The conspiracy against the United States charges are in the next trial.

Good luck with that.

1 Like

^^^^^^^^
Can’t or won’t answer the question.

oooo, Conspiracy theories… LMELOA!..

Funny, I can’t recall you ever advocating for prison reform or having the opinion that the US has a long standing tradition of institutionalized torture?

Evidently, given his rage tweeting on the subject, so is Trump. That very fact has his minions in here triggered.

Ahhh, he should be in the general population, then?

No, But Trump has… I bet you didn’t even know.

Very scared. Nothing of substance to offer, but very, very scared.

Very interesting.

54 posts into this thread and the vast majority is nothing but cats kicking sand over turds.

I ought have expected as much.

Anyway, the trial continues. three more witness this afternoon.

Defense won a victory this morning when the judge suppressed showing pictures of Manafort’s extravagant purchases with his ill gotten and untaxed income, including the famous $15k Ostrich jacket.

Judge said: “Mr. Manafort is not on trial for having a lavish lifestyle.”

2 Likes

Here’s an update on the inquisition of our political prisoner…

"U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III specifically told prosecutors to stop using the word “oligarch” to describe wealthy Ukrainians, whose dealings with Manafort are at the heart of the fraud charges he faces in northern Virginia federal court.

The judge said the term has a “pejorative” meaning and is not relevant in this case. Further, he cautioned that using it could suggest Manafort is associated with bad people – and guilty by association.

“It’s not the American way,” the judge said. He noted that wealthy donors like George Soros or the Koch brothers also could be considered oligarchs. "

Nothing about Russians or Putin though…

Interesting take on the word Oligarch. I agree it’s pejorative, but it also seems in this case to be true.

The ruling will help the defense.

I don’t think anybody expected a lot of mention about Russia or Putin, though.

Yes, the trial has nothing to do with Trump and Putin, thanks… It’s about Ukraine. lol!

The big news yesterday was his jacket… Obviously guilty, if you wear an expensive jacket.

Rick gates the “star” witness may not testify…LMAO

“A prosecutor caused a scramble in the courtroom just after noon Wednesday by suggesting that Rick Gates, the longtime Manafort protege who took a plea deal and is often billed as the government’s star witness, might not take the stand at all.”

Next paragraph: However, the move appeared to be not so much a blockbuster reveal as a feint aimed at getting more leeway from the judge to admit into court proceedings financial documents the FBI seized from Manafort’s condo last year.