PermaDrooling: The Official Unofficial Trial of Paul Manafort Thread

Maybe if he had not engaged in witness tampering while free on bail, he wouldn’t be.

I can’t believe you are sticking up for this guy.

TDS

1 Like

Thank you, thank you, thank you…Just as I thought…

How many years ago was that? Pace yourselves Trumpkins, you’ve got weeks to go in this trial and another one in September to deflect.

How many people lied on their loan applications before the 2008 crash? and yet no one was prosecuted. In fact, the govt encouraged it…

I tell you what, if I show you the charges in the indictments that are for activities much more recent than 2005, will you stop spouting this talking point?

I hear that he may have been water boarded which I have heard from good authority is not torture.

1 Like

This trial will be so boring no one will watch it. It’s not like it’s a murder trial.

There’s a good excuse. Everybody was lyin’.

How about lies after 2008? Does that count since the governemnt no longer encouraged it?

It’s not being televised.

You meant the 2014 stuff… That’s not this trial. And it’s not related to Trump collusion anyway.

The waterboarding threads from the old forum are still viewable via archive.org and you would never guess who doesn’t consider that to be torture

3 Likes

still, it’s going to hard to sustain interest.

You’ve already got 9 posts in this thread.

1 Like

It’s funny, the only thing I can find about this is crazy blogs and Napolitano-whose relationship with the truth is often tenuous-saying it on Fox News.

Oh… I know.

I have an active mind…

Yes it is

The first set of charges, which Mueller calls “the tax scheme,” relate to Manafort’s flush years, when the Ukrainian money was pouring in to the tune of tens of millions of dollars. Mueller says Manafort set up a complex web of offshore shell companies and then spent $30 million of that offshore cash in the US between 2008 and 2014.

False income tax returns (5 counts): Manafort did not report any of this money on his income tax returns, or pay taxes on it. He also falsely said, on those tax returns, that he had no authority over any financial accounts in foreign countries. He faces one count for each tax year from 2010 to 2014.

Failure to report foreign bank or financial assets (four counts): Manafort also didn’t report any of his foreign accounts to the Treasury Department by filing what’s known as an FBAR form — a legally required disclosure. He faces one count for each year from 2011 to 2014.

2 Likes

To add, the stuff in up to 2014 is the part related to tax fraud.

The bank or loan fraud components are for activities from 2015 to 2017. And are also part of THIS trial.

1 Like

He just always says that to change the conversation away from Manafort and his potential crimes. He’s good at it.