PermaDrooling: The Official Unofficial Trial of Paul Manafort Thread

And it is only a coincidence that Russia would be showering money on the brother of the person running Hillary’s campaign.
If we are doing “woulda” assumptions, I will assume you wouldn’t have bought that if it had been the Trump campaign and Manaforts brother had been taking that money from Russia during the campaign.

Doug, the two situations are not even remotely close to the same thing. We all know it, so I don’t know who you are trying to fool here. Tony Podesta’s lobbying work and the multiple crimes committed by Manafort are not equivalent. Nor is the actual work that either of them did for politico’s in Ukraine or elsewhere. Nor is the financial situations that either of them were in at the time Manafort joined the Trump team. All things that should have been vetted, and were giant red flags. Your silly deflections notwithstanding.

1 Like

I’m actually with the Trump Republicans regarding Manafort. How could he have known Manafort was a massive criminal? Was it on Fox and Friends?

1 Like

Hahahahhahahaha

Thank you for posting this. I agree it’s ridiculous to throw around treason, comparison to Hitler and concentration camps, etc. It totally cheapens the debate, and minimizes the terrible crimes committed against actual victims of the Nazis.

And to be fair, these comparisons were made by some when Obama and Bush were in office. It was wrong then, and it’s wrong now.

1 Like

I want Fox to deliver the news to me.

It seems right, guilty or not.

Breaking News- jury says 8 guilty counts. Hung on others

Question on Fox: Why is he being kept behind bars during all of this?

Really?

Wow, thought he’d be found guilty on more than 8. But being hung on so many charges obviously means the prosecution did a poor job in proving their case to at least some on the jury.

Just think, we get to go through this again next month. :roll_eyes:

Depends on what they are.

But 10 charges make re-trial more likely.

It’s hard for me to speculate, as I was not on the jury and did not see the evidence. We will have to see what the jury has decided.

Best 4pm-5pm news hour ever! On a Tuesday! During Infrastructure Week!

1 Like

I don’t believe they’ve announced what the verdicts on those 8 counts are.

Honestly, this concerns me. I don’t know anything about Juries really, but what if they felt the government didn’t prove it’s case on the 8 counts - and a Trumper or two are holding up the rest?

Depends on how many jurors were for acquitall. If it was one or two, that is entirely different than if it was a majority of them.

Sounds like they got him on the biggest ones anyway.

Not guilty, y’all got to feel me

Those are the counts that Cohen plead guilty to.

CNN says they are moving without all 18. We’re getting a verdict.