PermaDrooling: The Official Unofficial Trial of Paul Manafort Thread

Yeah, that sounds quite likely. A guilty verdict on the big ones seems likely. Also seems the jury is hung on at least one of the counts.

Again, the FBI set on the facts that could have prevented all of this. You do understand that?

That’s ■■■■■■■■■ Manafort and Trump got called out vigorously at the RNC for the platform change.

I know it’s convenient to forget that Russia come up frequently during the campaign. Folks like you pooh-poohed it.

And, here we are. Moments away from Manafort’s jury returning a verdict on 18 counts and Michael Cohen being rolled up by the Southern District of New York. All in one day.

You would have ■■■■ bricks if the FBI did anything. You would have been screaming something about “innocent before proven guilty” and putting the finger on the electoral scale and all sort of stuff.

I find your protestations about that at this point nothing more than comedy.

I dislike and disapprove of Trump as much as about anyone here. But please stop throwing the term “treason” around so willy-nilly. I believe Trump is a traitor to our nation. But for anyone to have committed treason, we would have to be at a declared state of war, presumably with Russia, which we are not.

But I do agree, the quantity of criminals in, and around, this administration and Trump himself is quite staggering.

1 Like

Baloney. We knew he was a scumbag with close dealings in Ukraine from the get go.

I presume the platform change was where they omitted the insane part that said we were to jump in and arm Ukraine. Such a platform needed to be deleted, as it only set up Ukraine for a war with Russia that would have ended like the Hungarian revolution of 1956 where we would encourage them and then do nothing.
I might add that no such platform existed with the Democrats, and for good reason.

We were all talking about his shady background and the horrible human being he was, actively working against American interests with his lobbying work for some of the most despicable humans on the planet back when Trump hired him for the campaign. If us lowly internet warriors could research and find all of the things that should have thrown up HUGE red flags, then surely a Presidential Campaign as well funded as Trump’s could have done some vetting here.

And none of these have anything to do with collusion.

And it was fine when the Podesta group did the exact same thing. No problem there.

I’m not following your whataboutism here in the slightest. Was the Podesta group hired on to run someone’s campaign? No? They were not? Huh…weird.

I have facts. You have :“you woulda done xxxx”, all of which is made up. Why the heck should I be invested in Manafort? You act like he was some sort of political hero to anybody.

If you want to consider it was just coincidence that the brother of the person who was doing this was running the HIllary campaign.

What are the chances that Trump is any “cleaner” then his long time pal and campaign manager Paulie?

Keep hedging…

Good question. He is a reprehensible creature. His own daughters were pretty clear about that in the texts they sent. So, why ARE you in here defending him so vigorously and saying jurors should bring in their preconceived notions about Hillary into their deliberations and so obviously hoping for a not guilty verdict?

That is a great question, indeed.

2 Likes

I’m simply waiting for evidence. Everything related to Trump has been investigated by the media, intelligence agencies, and FBI for several years. If he comes out of this without charges, I would say he is pretty clean.

I see you’ve joined the Mueller investigation. Please keep us informed.

Okay. Tony Podesta and Paul Manafort are the exact same person who have committed the exact same crimes. And through extension, John Podesta is the exact same person as Manafort, who also committed the exact same crimes. You go with that super-weak deflection and whataboutism. I understand it is all you really have left in your bag of tricks defense at this point.

You clearly have me mixed up with another poster. I have no particular interest in the Manafort outcome, and have suggested in just a few posts ago that he is likely guilty of tax evasion and most likely it will be found so.
Hillary? Where the heck did that come from? Perhaps you could point to that post of mine.
No, I have only been questioning the trying to link Manaforts possible tax evasion or fraud to Trump,…a connection which I find as phony and only based on politics.

Oh, man. You are right. I have you mixed up. Please accept my apology.