Perfect illustration of how out of touch the woke are

The “no human being is illegal!” crowd that is likely same ones who gave us gems like “Latinx” and polices everyone’s pronouns.

Remember how President Biden had to apologize after calling a migrant “illegal” at SOTU ?

Striking that both Dems and GOP roughly show the same numbers when it comes to this.

1 Like

You do realize that those who want to change public opinion don’t pick positions where they are in the majority to start.

The importat thing is to end up in the majority – as, for example, on gay marriage.

2 Likes

I suppose that’s true. But will the majority be moved to adopt these positions if they aren’t commonsense ?

The definition of commonsense changes over time. The Biblical Commandment in Isaiah that addresses how immigrants should be treated has largely been forgotten by MAGA but some of us hope for a return to tried and true moral codes going forward.

I am not familiar with said commandment - and really with the bible generally speaking. Does it instruct to never utter the word “illegal” ?

Except homosexual marriage was never in the majority.

Even in CA it was voted down twice by over 60% of the vote.

It was foisted upon the people by leftists judges.

In CA that means that one judge out ruled the votes of over 60% of the voters

3 Likes

No. It instructs us to welcome immigrants among us with kindness. Kind words follow from the overall approach.

Circa around 2011, the tide in public opinion really started shifting fast on this. In 2012 election, three states passed it by referendum (popular vote).

The rest was history.

Completely agree, we should. Obviously.

That of course has nothing to do whether or not it’s acceptable to call someone an illegal immigrant.

Oh.

I wasn’t aware 3 states made up a majority of 50 states.:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

This doesn’t strike me as a “woke” versus “not woke” issue. But more about acceptance of nomenclature by the general public. There really isn’t a huge movement out there to not use the term “illegal” when describing immigrants. I think there was a concerted effort in the early 2000s to introduce “illegal” as a way to push for more border security. That obviously took hold and is more socially accepted as a term. Ok, cool.

1 Like

I have no problem calling non citizens who sneak across our border and run free within our country…. Illegals.

My issue is that the term “illegal” or “illegal aliens” is used as a catch all term on the right to also describe asylum seekers.

Asylum seekers are not illegal… they are at worse undocumented and at best legal aliens.

I want illegals deported. I want people with false say claims deported… I do not want people with valid asylum claims deported.

1 Like

But evidently you feel that CA does make up a majority on 50 states ?

Now look up how many same-sex marriage referendums passed and failed since after 2011.

2 Likes

It is. Which ones are likely to object to that use of said word ?

I only objected to the use of the word applying to legal immigrants… which includes asylum seekers.

Well you probably aren’t woke, right ? :call_me_hand:

Well to some… since I’m black… I’m woke :man_shrugging:t5:

as people here have informed me over the years, we are a republic not a democracy.

if we a democracy, the democratic party would have won the presidency in 2008, 2012, 2016, 2020.

we are not.

Allan

we would be in the last stages of a successful Hillary clinton second term.

alas we are not a democracy.

ya gotta take the good with the bad in our form of government.

Allan