Pentagon Sidesteps Trump to Ban the Confederate Flag

Not brushing off the harmful effects the slaver’s flag has on 45 million plus fellow Americans seems worthy of giving a ■■■■ to me.

3 Likes

I agree people on their own property can fly the flag. Now I know which houses/neighborhoods to avoid.

2 Likes

Listen to a song performed by the Georgia Florida Line and they’ll sing the “heritage” for you. :sunglasses:

It’s the American way… at least when White people do it :man_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

I laugh a little every time I see a Confederate flag flown in Maine.

Heritage not hate ya know.

Says the black guy perpetuating it. :wink:

If that is “heritage” then the heritage is crappy music.

Thankfully the South has much better to offer than that.

1 Like

It’s being spun that way and motivating that opinion. It isn’t important to me one way or the other…except for my fellow Americans of color, who it may? I see both sides but therefore lean towards the latter because I hate, hate.

That’s a really strong rebuttal to his point. I never thought of the Florida Georgia Line song, Cruise. That’s good analysis.

1 Like

You see…then you truly don’t understand those loving their southern heritage and thanks for proving this truth…loud and clear.

The nonsense ranting about a single group of people aside, it was perpetuated right here:

This is how violent/wannabe-violent people talk. They aren’t to be trusted, especially around vulnerable people, like children, or old ladies. :wink:

Now I am being called racist… could have called it :rofl:.

I have a problem with people wearing white tube socks and sandals…Does that mean I want to harm them?

I have a problem with pineapple on a pizza, so I want to commit violence because of it?

I have a problem with the fact that it took 10 years for an “incredibles” sequel, do I want to commit violence because of it?

I’ve never committed an act of violence in my life…nor I have incited it. So you are 0/2 today.

I am not racist and I don’t like violence.

6 Likes

What does the confederate flag or “southern heritage” have to do with any of that? Not too sure many confederate soldiers were “drankin” any of that “real good, feel good” stuff while jacking up their pick ups and taking their tiny-shorts wearing “guuurrrrrrl” down to the creek.

1 Like

No, not racist, just using language about people based on the color of their skin in order to make a point. How quaint. :wink:

Good start. A good next step would be not to perpetuate violent speech.

I mean, no one wants to ends up like this guy, likley out there screaming Black Lives Matter while knowing how everyone should think the way he does. :rofl:

YouTube Language Warning.

I was born, raised, and still live in the rural south. Never lived anywhere else. In my decades on this earth, I’ve NEVER received a straight answer to what that “POV” on what exact part of the confederate “heritage” they’re proud of.

Good. It’s really a bad idea to have the flag of slave holders on military bases where unit cohesiveness is critical.

2 Likes

I grew up in the South.

I understand it 100%

2 Likes

America was primarily built on the idea and implementation of “political action through violence”. White people started this trend the minute they hit this land.

To this day, we (The US) still use violence to affect change.

Why is it a problem if people copy that idea for internal change in America (even if I don’t agree with it)?

Everyone should have a problem with lynchings… right? Am I perpetuating violence if I believe that?

Everyone should have a problem with the lack of net neutrality… does that mean I want people to physically harm the FCC?

I agree. They are not respecting tradition. Part of losing a war means your colors come down. They don’t come down then go back up 50 years later. Put the damned flag away.

3 Likes

There we go.