Pentagon halts plans to build extra 20 miles of border wall, citing insufficient funds

Good question. Where is that damn check??

There not calling for drones and sensors the candidates are calling for decriminalizing the border, there will be no need for security measures.

I hear what Democrats are saying here but then I hear about the Democrats are saying in the debates and it doesn’t match.

Great ideal. All you fans of the Wall should just donate and donate and donate for this Wall. You know you want to! You know you will if Trump asks you to.

20 miles out of 400 and Trump will still be able to do the same thing with next year’s Pentagon Funds.

1 Like

Have they passed a budget yet? Are you trying to claim congress can’t limit reprogramming of funds? How’s Mitch’s Middle school ever going o get built?

The courts have already ruled that existing law allows him to do just what he’s done.

For last years budget, this years budget will have language prohibiting reprogramming of those funds. The courts didn’t give a blanket pass for the every future budget.

He won’t sign it if it does.

He kinda lost all credibility with that las year but hey, if he wants a shutdown next year over the wall, I say no better time…

1 Like

No, that didn’t happen last year.

He capitulated on wall funding in last years budget and went the national emergency route. This is not ancient history…

Because he had a way around it with the ED.

The National Emergency declaration by Trump hasn’t been ruled constitutional by the courts. From David French of the National Review:
“The source at issue in this case is the $2.5 billion transferred under section 284, not the $3.6 billion reallocated under the national emergency declaration.” - Link

someone should tell Front runner Biden.

20 miles out of 2,000 dude is a success story if Iv ever seen one so he should be done in 100 years at this rate.

WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court ruled Friday that President Trump can use $2.5 billion in military funding to begin building a portion of his long-sought wall along the nation’s southern border.

The high court’s order temporarily settles just one of several skirmishes between the Trump administration and House Democrats, “blue” states led by California, and environmental groups over border wall funds.

The court’s five conservative justices lifted an injunction against the border wall spending that had been imposed by a federal district court judge in California and affirmed by a federal appeals court. The injunction blocked spending while the lawsuit challenging it remains pending at the appeals court.

… .The five-member majority said in a brief order that the challengers appear to “have no cause of action” to review the Defense Department’s authority to move up to $4 billion between accounts.

The ED allowed him to use that 2.5bn, and up to 4bn under existing law.

I have heard, in what following of the debates I have done, every Democratic candidate for president speak both about having sensible border security alongside ending the border chaos that is currently happening.

You cannot “decriminalize” a border, but I think I understand you meant “decriminalize” crossing the border?

They already see him as the Messiah, the Word becoming flesh, and all. Might as well start tithing at this point.

1 Like

Apologies.

For what?