Pelosi warns GOP: Next president could declare national emergency on guns

Facts prove other wise.

There are judges releasing criminal illegal aliens back into our communities, perhaps Trump needs to remove those Judges, I would like to see them punish for the harm they caused the American people.

Criminals against the republic! Feed them to madame guillotine!

Well, no, the facts show that congress has represented the majority opinion of US citizens.

It seems to be the case though regardless of who is in power, Congress approval rating is abysmal.

Ignoring the atrocities committed by having an unsecured border is not representing the majority.

The majority do not want a wall.

And what point did I miss?

His new judges are being stonewalled. Congress must be so over worked that they don’t have time to confirm them. Poor babies.

The point is that the next president can declare emergencies too.

To the title of the thread: if there was a labor problem, could a president declare an emergency and reistitute slavery?

If not, why not?

To include the Russians and Chinese and some Democrats, scared yet

13th Amendment in the Constitution was created so Democrats couldn’t start slavery again.

What on earth is this gibberish supposed to mean? It has nothing to do with congress doing the will of the people.

Did you disapprove of obama when he by passed congress and installed DACA by EO? I think you probably cheered him on. He was the one that set the wheels in motion that if you couldn’t get congress to do what you want just by pass it. You know he had a phone and a pen.
As for getting gun control by EO or by declaring a national emergency I think you all are forgetting that there is a second amendment that spells out in simple words that everyone can understand that the right to keep and bare arms it a right.

And the will of Russia and China also want our border unsecured.

I actually disapproved of that as well. See, some of us are equally opposed to both parties abusing power. I know that is a difficult concept for those who may be very partisan, but abuse of power is abuse of power - no matter who does it.

No. We all want the border secure. Most Americans agree that a costly, unfeasible wall is not the primary solution-and congress has represented us well on that front. The 2013 bill was a great place to start. Huge amounts of new border patrol agents and judges. No pathway to citizenship allowed until many other things put into place and verified. Among other things. It’s a border security dream. That should be our starting point-not a wall.

Facts prove other wise! It’s starting to look like Democrats are colluding with the Russians and Chinese to keep our borders open.

No, the facts show the majority of Americans are against a wall.

False. It’s very unbecoming to just make things up.